PDA

View Full Version : Venlafaxine

Lost all hope
01-11-16, 20:39
Hi just wanted to ask what's people like when taking venlafaxine has it made u feel worse? I feel like it's making me worse but I don't know sorry if that doesn't make sense:)

Mermaid16
01-11-16, 20:53
Hi! When you say it is making you feel worse, in what way? Tracy

Lost all hope
01-11-16, 21:10
Hi I don't know if it's just my anxiety but I'm starting to feel a lot more dizzy an light headed an feel like something is tightening inside my head?

Jacsta
01-11-16, 21:10
Venlefaxine can give side effects when you first start taking it. My body took a while to adjust to it, but like most medication, your body gets used to it and you start to feel better again.
As long as you don't increase or decrease the dose too fast, the side effects will only be bad a couple of weeks

Lost all hope
01-11-16, 21:22
Hi the dose went up to 150mg about six weeks ago, I'm just scared of it been real bad because iv read some horrid stuff about it on here.

Mermaid16
01-11-16, 21:25
Hi! I only lasted 5 days on Ven, because it was too activating for me, but some of the girls I talk to here have experienced the dizziness and light headedness. It does get better I think, the longer you take it and your body adjusts. So it is quite a common side effect I think. The tightening inside you head comes when you start any AD unfortunately. I think of the side effects as your brain getting use to something new in there and while it is adjusting, you may feel a bit off. After that time though, many people have no problems at all. I hope you have success with it. A lot of people on here have once it kicks in. Tracy

Jacsta
01-11-16, 21:31
I was on it for over a year. It is one of the harsher medications where side effects are concerned, and each dose increase or decrease will trigger....but you have come this far in getting to 150mg....try and ride it out until the side effects ease. Keep talking to the doctor as well. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Lost all hope
01-11-16, 21:40
Thankyou for your comments, il try an stick it out I'm seeing my doctor on Thursday so il av a talk with her about it, I haven't had side affects really until I got to this dose I was just frightened coz I didn't know if it was the Meds or something else real bad!