PDA

View Full Version : Feel there's no help for me

phil06
02-11-16, 10:01
I've had two different counsollers and still not felt better after two sessions. I have zero motivation to do anything anymore work is a struggle and I have no sex drive on the resperidrone I'm on. I get constipation on then too and don't go to the toilet for days. The doctor wants me to try lithium but I don't fancy the change. Good news is they cut my resperidrone down a bit. I had a breakdown and manic episode earlier in the year so that's why I am on them. They said I will always be on medication so this depresses me too. It could be resperidrone causing me to feel worse but who knows.

I don't know how much longer I can go on working. :blush:

Buster70
02-11-16, 13:16
Hi , I know from experience somtimes it feels hopless but things can better , if you need time off work then have it don't wait to burn out , they don't always know best somtimes you have to go with what feels right for you ,I listened to the docs and that's why im in the mess I am , I've got better on my own before hopfully I'll do it again , take care

NoraB
02-11-16, 13:50
They said I will always be on medication so this depresses me too.

You don't have to accept that...

skymaid
02-11-16, 14:19
everyone can ger better do matter how "bad" they are (with the possible exception of brain injury).

it's important to look for small positives in each day and not give up.

phil06
02-11-16, 15:21
You don't have to accept that...

Who do I challenge it too? I don't want another manic episode but hate the idea of being on meds forever.

NoraB
02-11-16, 15:47
Who do I challenge it too? I don't want another manic episode but hate the idea of being on meds forever.

In a post you wrote in July you said that one psychiatrist said you wouldn't be on meds forever and another one said you'd maybe need a small dose? That's two different opinions. This would suggest that it's not a given that you will be on meds forever.

SLA
02-11-16, 16:35
I've no experience with these drugs, or manic episodes, so don't have much specific advice.

Other than keep searching for solutions, and actively find lots of small things that help you feel better.

It's not easy, I know.