PDA

View Full Version : Clicking jaw/jaw tension

fruitandnutlover
02-11-16, 10:13
Does anyone get a clicky jaw (TMJ disorder?) or jaw tension?

I have had a clicking jaw for ages but feel it is getting worse and I don't know if it is a result of something like TMJ disorder or because I am so anxious and maybe holding a lot of my tension in the jaw?

When I wake my jaws are always firmly clammed together and I have kind of sucked my inner cheeks into my teeth (I get a line of teeth marks on the inner checks which is almost permanently there!) and my tongue is always up on the roof of my mouth! My husband says when I am asleep sometimes he can hear me chomping my teeth together!!

My jaws click and grind when I move them and never feel 'fluid' when I move them about.

Several years ago I had a mouth guard made up from the dentist, to wear at night but I felt it made things worse as I was chomping down on this too!

Anyone else get this?

NoraB
02-11-16, 10:29
*sticks hand up*

I've had that for the last few months. At it's worst, I couldn't eat without the damn thing clicking but now it's back to the odd click when I open my mouth to yawn or sometimes when I run up the stairs. I had a panic do about it when it started then I quickly realised that my tongue is permanently clamped to the roof of my mouth and my jaw is rigid, even when I sleep so it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's clicking as any joints do when they have been subjected to lots of tension.

Just as I've typed this I've had to remind myself to open my mouth to release the tension.:D