PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety really CAN cause all these things.

Colicab85
02-11-16, 11:21
I'm not ready to declare myself cured by any means and post in success stories, theres still a long way to go before I get there, but I just want you to know that anxiety and depression absolutely can cause all these weird sensations and "symptoms".

I've had, and continue to have, pretty much everything under the sun (headaches, twitching, dizziness, shaking, unexplained pain, extreme fatigue etc) and I'm SLOWLY getting my head around the fact that this is all created by my mental health issues.

I'm feeling quite a bit better and have been able to ignore a lot of my problems and, as if by magic, they are reducing and getting better.

I absolutely didnt believe that it was Anxiety that was doing this to me, but i'm slowly believing that it is, your brain is seemingly INCREDIBLY powerful and really does control everything your body does (seems obvious really).

Relaxing and letting your symptoms "float" past really does help.

I appreciate this is probably a rambling post that isn't making sense but time , relaxing and ignoring everything really is helping me.

skymaid
02-11-16, 11:24
yes "acceptance" is so key to getting better.

Letting the weird symptoms or thoughts just "float" away is great way of putting it.

kerryann
02-11-16, 11:37
Absolutely true!! if I am occupied then my worries take a backburner but if I have time on my hands with nothing to do then a small worry can easily magnify into a big worry.

axolotl
02-11-16, 11:45
Exactly, when you start to think of your anxiety symptoms as "oh that again", and a sign to destress a bit, they stop taking over and become, at worse, an annoyance.

SLA
02-11-16, 11:47
LOVE. THIS. POST.

I love reading things like this.

Colicab85
02-11-16, 12:42
What I've come to realise is that every Health Anxiety worry is one of the minor periphery symptoms of the things we fear.....

Headache - Tumour (even though we're missing seizures and cognitive issues)
Twitching - ALS (missing severe weakness and atrophy)
Stomach Pain - Cancer (missing blood in stools and weight loss).

I've loads of stuff happen to me in 8 months and none of it has come to anything. Also, HA is so wide ranging? I mean in 8 months I've feared Brain tumours, Aneuryms, ALS, MS, Parkinsons and a lot more. At the time my fear of these things was massive and VERY real but I've come to realise that this is absurd.

How can I have all those things? I'd be a medical marvel.

NoraB
02-11-16, 12:54
I'm feeling quite a bit better and have been able to ignore a lot of my problems and, as if by magic, they are reducing and getting better.

I absolutely didnt believe that it was Anxiety that was doing this to me, but i'm slowly believing that it is, your brain is seemingly INCREDIBLY powerful and really does control everything your body does (seems obvious really).

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Beckybecks
03-11-16, 14:06
I've had loads of anxiety related symptoms including those you mentioned. I too (after countless visits to doctors) have begun to accept that they are just there and if I ignore them they're really not as bad as I thought they were.

But they still continue........and my HA can't ignore them totally.

Can I just ask, Colica85, what do you think causes such extreme fatigue and do you have any suggestions as to what can be done about it?

Colicab85
03-11-16, 14:17
In only my non educated, making it up as i go along, opinion.

The more I stress and am anxious the more tired I am. for the last 8 months I LITERALLY have not been able to relax and calm down, my mind has just been going in to overdrive, it stands to reason that being this way is going to cause me to feel tired.

Anxiety is really bloody tiring.

Honestly, the more I am relaxing and accepting, the better I am feeling. I have got myself where I (almost) don't give a damn I have a headache right now or that my left calf is twitching.

I feel the best I've felt in 8 months right now. It's quite awesome to let myself feel normal.