PDA

View Full Version : Seroquel for anxiety

hobz
02-11-16, 15:09
I have been prescribed a low dose for anxiety 25mg thanks god it does not put me to sleep
Is it good for anxiety ?
How much time it takes to kick in in average, does it take weeks to build inside the body system or is it quick acting

Thanks to any advice

Murdock
21-10-17, 13:38
I take 75mg for my anxiety but I’ve been on 100mg in the past for cyclothymia. For me it worked relatively quickly, within 2 weeks of starting but can take up to 6 for the full effects. I was skeptical about taking it for anxiety but it’s working well for me.

Ethansmom
20-03-18, 19:33
Can i jump in and ask if it helps the physical and mental symptoms of anxiety? I willing to try a low dose. I have anxiety, depression and panic disorder

ana
20-03-18, 21:54
It does help. It's reduced my DP/DR symptoms and it has a calling effect on me when I take it in the evening. Also,it has complrtely eliminated night time panic attacks.

Ethansmom
20-03-18, 22:09
good to know, Ana! The think is i have anxiety all day long. I want to wean off off klonopin. did your doctor say anything about taking the seroquel long term. I am med phobia and always get nervous about dropping down dead from a medication. Is this fairly safe?

ana
21-03-18, 10:52
Yes, in the dosage I'm taking it, Seroquel is quite safe. It's when it's taken in large dosages that it can cause several health issues. It can be discontinued without any withdrawal symptoms, according to my therapist. You won't drop dead from any medication as that would be the opposite of what a medication is supposed to make happen. :winks:

I used to have anxiety all day long, too, for over a decade. At one point, I was on 4 different medications a day. Gradually, however, I started relying more on anti-depressants and an occasional Klonopin.

Just a side note: today, I went to work and to the shops afterwards without having taken any Rivotril and was just fine. :)

Ethansmom
21-03-18, 17:44
That's great to hear! Do you take Seroquel twice a day?

ana
21-03-18, 18:04
No, just once before bed. Although, my therapist has suggested I try having half of one in the mornings, too, to see if it has the same sedating effect on me. I've not braved it yet, but I'm thinking about it. :)

KK77
21-03-18, 20:50
Yes, in the dosage I'm taking it, Seroquel is quite safe. It's when it's taken in large dosages that it can cause several health issues. It can be discontinued without any withdrawal symptoms, according to my therapist. You won't drop dead from any medication as that would be the opposite of what a medication is supposed to make happen. :winks:

I used to have anxiety all day long, too, for over a decade. At one point, I was on 4 different medications a day. Gradually, however, I started relying more on anti-depressants and an occasional Klonopin.

Just a side note: today, I went to work and to the shops afterwards without having taken any Rivotril and was just fine. :)

I must admit to being concerned when you first mentioned trying an anti-psych med, as I'd previously had a terrible experience myself. But it goes to show that we're all unique in the way we're affected. This class of med seems to either really help people or the complete polar opposite :scared15:

Well done for persevering, Ana :shades:

ana
21-03-18, 20:56
Actually, this is my second time being on an anti-psychotic. The first time, I was 16 and was put on it to help alleviate my depersonalisation symptoms. I don't remember why I got off that particular medication, but I do remember finding it helpful. I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, KK. :(

Thanks though :)