PDA

View Full Version : Fear of traveling

Mario1005
02-11-16, 22:50
My name is Mario, 31 married with two wonderful children!! I'm writing this because I'm tired of living in fear when it's time to travel. As a teenager I ruined few family trips, and now that I'm married I think I'ma ruin another one. I overthink things, like what if something happens to me in a different country I'm not comfortable at, who's gonna help me? What if I just wanna go home and I'm thounsands of miles away, with no telephone service to reach someone, I use think negative. I'm weak minded to a certain point, I actually made it to the Bahamas 3 years ago, I didn't get a panick attack but I just didn't enjoyed my honeymoon, my wife is real supportive but I fee like she just don't understands me. anyways my best friend is getting married in Costa Rica in a few days, I'm getting a lot of anxiety for the fact that the resort is 2 hours away from the airport and in the middle of the jungle, I've been k owing of the trip for a year now I just never thought it will get here real fast, I'm scared of ruining the trip for my friend and my wife. What makes me calm down is alcohol I'm constantly drinking when I'm out of my comfort zone.... I'm tired of living like this I'm just hoping my kids don't have to suffer like I do

randomforeigner
03-11-16, 05:43
I find it helps to check out the destination in advance. If you book a good hotel they will help you out if you suddenly find yourself in a fix. Someone I know told a story only yesterday about a child becoming seriously ill during a holiday trip and how the hotel staff really helped out in every possible way.

Is the hotel really in the middle of the jungle, have you checked it out? The airport, the transfer, the hotel, the actual site what it looks like? Do you have a pre-prepared list of all phone numbers you might need if something would come up?

Yes, and on a side note you might want to skip the alcohol.

Personally I don't like to think about being suddenly abandoned in a country where I feel I can't make myself properly understood, which includes the UK, which is ridiculous. I could probably cope very well even though it would be utterly unpleasant should it happen.

Carley79
15-11-16, 12:26
Well, when we travel we think things trough, cauculate all the risks, like for example, what you will do when your car breaks down or when someone will have a health issue. Just plan out and do the travel. Think of it as long trip to mall.