PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

dale12345
03-11-16, 00:03
Was doing so good with the depression and the anxiety, but the last 2 days have been hell. Work at the meditation every day, take my meds and try to stay busy. I guess it can just be up and down sometimes. Tomorrow is a new day!

mezzaninedoor
03-11-16, 13:05
Dale,
I guess from my own experience our conditions are often up and down to varying degrees, we have to try and navigate them taking absolutely our own best interests to heart. Tools like meditation/mindfulness can be applied and there are other things that can help with distracting us from our anxietal thoughts and worries, these things I feel are different for each of us and we have to discover that for ourselves.
For example I find listening to spoken word books works , primarily I feel this works for me because my mind is painting the pictures to go with the words of any book and so its more distracting than watching Tv or a Film. The problem is its hard to do this when you are at work so at work mindfulness is perhaps the best most easily used tool.

I wish you well,

Beckybecks
03-11-16, 13:55
I think we all have good days and bad days.

The secret is to remember that there are good days and you just have to get through this little blip.

You were feeling better, and you'll feel better again soon.

You're learning how to control it. It's a slow process. Soon there'll be more good days than bad ones.

dale12345
03-11-16, 18:32
Thank guys