PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour! SCARED uncontrollably crying.

Nicole201017
03-11-16, 13:27
Hi guys, looking for some support and I feel like I'm "boring" my family with my HA! So for a few months now I've been having these weird headaches on the back of my head on the left side also goes to the front of my forehead but mostly at the back, now I used to get these now and again but recently I've been feeling this pain everyday for the last week or 2 only this week I've experienced dizziness with it or with out it the pain the first time it was bad I didn't want to get up or speak to anyone because I was scared 2nd time was last night picking the washing up off the floor and just now whilst leaning on my left side on my phone! I keep trying to reassure myself it's something so simple blood pressure or something! But then the fear takes over and I'm uncontrollably crying rocking back and forth trying to ring my mum to "save me" I don't want to leave my children etc etc.... I just have this feeling that this is it I know for a FACT I have a brain tumour and I'm going to die! 😢

Gary A
03-11-16, 13:40
It's not a brain tumour. It sounds more like migraines accompanied by dizziness auras, either that or it's muscle tension in the neck.

The muscles in the neck are intricately connected to your scalp and forehead, so a strain in that area can cause pain all over the head.

I would speak to a doctor if it continues, but put brain tumours out of the equation, it sounds nothing like one.

Beckybecks
03-11-16, 13:45
From the sounds of it, you have bad anxiety which can cause all sorts of symptoms and weird sensations. The headaches and dizziness are both very common with anxiety.
Your HA is kicking in and causing you to suspect the very worst. Headaches are so common, everyone gets them. If your pain is at the back its most likely coming from your neck which is one if the first places to suffer during stress.
Try to do something to relax yourself, apply a heat pad to your neck, take some painkillers for the pain.
You're not going to die.

Colicab85
03-11-16, 14:28
Having had headaches every day for 8 months, and a significant brain tumour fear, I hope my words can offer some reassurance.

The other posters are absolutely right, your shoulders, neck and jaw will be causing this. I can almost guarantee it.

Do you ever find yourself clenching your jaw without realising? Or hunching your neck and shoulders?

These are things that anxious and stressed people do, I've been doing them this whole time, and it's been causing my headaches.

Relax, take your mind of it. If you have a headache, dont google! You'll only drive yourself mad and make it a lot worse.

I know its awful at the moment but time and letting yourself relax is a great healer.

Nicole201017
05-11-16, 10:12
Thank you all for your reply's I'm telling myself everyday it's fine, yes I do bite down on my teeth without knowing I must of done it really bad through out the night last night because I woke up and could feel it really bad! I woke with the pain on the back of my head and fore head! It's subsiding now as the day goes on! Trying to keep positive :hugs:

jimmyj
05-11-16, 10:28
Hi Nicole and Colica ive had headache every day too and googled ,dont do it latest I saw was this! How did you headache develop Colica was it constant on waking too

https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/living-with-migraines/types-of-headachemigraine/new-daily-persistent-headache/

axolotl
05-11-16, 10:35
Hi Nicole and Colica ive had headache every day too and googled ,dont do it latest I saw was this! How did you headache develop Colica was it constant on waking too

https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/living-with-migraines/types-of-headachemigraine/new-daily-persistent-headache/

Jimmy, perhaps stop dwelling on that link and posting it on every thread you come across?