PDA

View Full Version : Found lumps

LouiseC1896
03-11-16, 13:38
Hi, the other day I noticed I have a lump under my skin in my left forearm, today i noticed there are another two close to it. You can't see them, my skin looks normal its like their underneath in my tissue, their moveable and kind of hard but also squishy to feel but I can definitely feel them there. I googled it and soft tissue sarcoma came up and I started to freak out. Just wondering if anyone had ever had anything like this?I do also suffer from health anxiety, I've already convinced myself this year that I have had lymphoma, breast cancer, skin cancer on my arm and face, bowel cancer and recently cervical cancer until the other day when I received a letter saying my smear was clear. Now Ive moved on and found lumps in my arm. I am too embarrassed to go to the doctors and live in a constant state of panic.

ElleNicole
03-11-16, 18:15
I have a small lump on shin muscle that has been there for a month. Mine is right under the skin too and you can only feel it not see it. It's hard but moveable. Mine has not gotten any bigger, infact it has shrunk a little bit. But do you have arm pain? I have some shin pain sometimes but idk if it's even related. I have been freaking out that I have soft tissue sarcoma too. The skin in my bump is like leathery and could be called slightly discolored. I have bad health anxiety too. I'm a 22 year old female.

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

I think I just found 1 or 2 more and now i feel completely doomed. Stupid HA

LouiseC1896
03-11-16, 19:58
I feel the pain is in my hand, I have been doing push ups and planks a lot lately and I'm very good at developing symptoms when I think about them a lot, if you know what I mean. I wish I could just calm down, I cant stop touching my arm and checking my lumps, even in work. Underneath both of my arms feels bumpy and lumpy but these ones stick out. I'm a 30 year old female.

ElleNicole
03-11-16, 20:00
I have a doctors appt next week because I can't take the waiting game anymore. I'm sure it's nothing but telling my brain that is not easy. Good luck to you!

Chelsea123
03-11-16, 21:17
Im having this atm i have one in my thigh its not visable but you can feel it if u push..its hardish and im not sure if i can move it or not i dont think it has got bigger..and i have a scan tomorow as i was so anxious even tho my doctor told me his 99.9% its nothing to worry about its as thougj ive already convinced my self its serious and im convinced the results are going to be bad its such a horrible feeling ��

ElleNicole
03-11-16, 21:46
Did your doctor think you were crazy? I'm afraid this doctor is going to think I'm nuts since mine are hardly noticeable.

Chelsea123
03-11-16, 22:27
No not all hes been really good ive been to see him 3 times as ive really driven myseld crazy i thought i was gna have a breakdown its literally like ive convinced myself of it and i dno how i evem noticed mine either its.literally inside my leg x

ElleNicole
03-11-16, 22:33
I think the second lump I have found was caused by me pushing so much on and around the other one that I have like irritated the area. I had to put bandaids on my leg to make me stop touching it. Mine is on my shin like below my knee and to the right of my bone. I have convinced myself completely it's sarcoma, even though the bump has gone down in size.

Chelsea123
03-11-16, 23:51
Me to i have myself completely convinced and i keep thinking to myself if im this convinced it must me true do you know what i meam its the worst feeling ��

Mercime
04-11-16, 00:10
I think the second lump I have found was caused by me pushing so much on and around the other one that I have like irritated the area. I had to put bandaids on my leg to make me stop touching it. Mine is on my shin like below my knee and to the right of my bone. I have convinced myself completely it's sarcoma, even though the bump has gone down in size.

Cancer does not go down, it grows. If it reduces in size, it's not sarcoma x

LouiseC1896
04-11-16, 09:00
Good luck to both of you! I can't stop touching mine!

Chelsea123
04-11-16, 10:41
Do youse convince yourself yourl are going to get the worse news possible when u go for test or to.the doctor and do you find it hard to believe what you are being told?

LouiseC1896
04-11-16, 11:26
Yes, I do, I sit in the waiting room before I go in and shake and just want to run away. I constantly think I'm going to die soon.

Chelsea123
04-11-16, 11:37
Thats how i feel today i have my scan later and im so convinced i am going to get the worst news like i am petrified

LouiseC1896
04-11-16, 11:50
I feel like that every time, even when I go to the dentist. I'm off work today and all I've done is google lumps.

Chelsea123
04-11-16, 13:47
I did that at 1st just googled and sent myself crazy with worry id already convinced myself it was bad before id even seen a doctor..try not to google and i cant leave my lump alone either constanly touching it i made myself so sore at 1 point i was bruised and i had a sore on my leg from all the touching

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Do u also find that the more your worries about somthing the more u notice it advertised or on tv and just in general? X

ElleNicole
04-11-16, 15:53
Chelsea123: seriously the worst feeling ever. I just recently had a second miscarriage in a row and I decided to go off my Effexor whic really helped me because I was convinced it was the cause of the miscarriage. So now I'm not taking it in hopes to get pregnant and have this one stick. But dealing with my anxiety is so hard. I do so well for a bit and then I just dive off the deep end and convince myself I'm dying!
Mercime: thank you or your reply. I know it's probably not sarcoma because it has reduced in size but I can't convince myself of that. I have this aching feeling in that leg which. Freaks me out. However I get that feeling in other parts of my body and extremities too so I should associate that with anxiety.

Chelsea123
04-11-16, 16:12
Ahh im really sorry to hear that xx

ElleNicole
04-11-16, 16:21
Thank you! Good luck to you! Let us know how it goes

LouiseC1896
04-11-16, 17:25
Yeah Chelsea123, I always notice it on tv and posters, like I'll see a cancer advert and freak out like I think its aimed at me. Its ridiculous!

Chelsea123
04-11-16, 18:02
Yes thats how i feel ive had my scan and they have said its just a fatty lump xx

unsure_about_this
04-11-16, 18:10
Earlier this year I thought I felt a lump on my testicle, gp was unsure so he referred me I was shaking a lot in the hospital, sick to my stomach.

The same as the dentist.

It is a no stop party when I find something like a lump, mark, spot I panic like mad, weird vein, patch etc

ElleNicole
04-11-16, 21:53
I always think seeing things for cancer and terrible disease is like a sign for me. I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I am so happy your scan turned out okay! Hopefully we can all have outcomes like yours!!!!!! :) How large is everyone's lump? My mom is a nurse and says if I have to work that hard to find them then they are nothing. I can feel them right away, but that is because I mess with them every chance that i get. The initial one is like maybe half a pea size, and the other is just as small.

Traceypo
04-11-16, 22:51
I'm a lumpy person hun, have a lump in my leg that's about an inch and a one in my neck (benign lymph node), both totally harmless and have been there for years, had it not been for my health anxiety I'd have probably given then no attention. Not all lumps are harmful.

ElleNicole
04-11-16, 22:57
I probably would have never noticed it, if I was'nt already on edge and anxious. I think my anxiety is causing symptoms to linger.

Chelsea123
04-11-16, 23:35
My lump was one cm and thank you for all your support xx

LouiseC1896
05-11-16, 08:19
That's great Chelsea, hope that's put your mind at ease. My lump is pea sized but there are slightly smaller ones near it, my arms are quite lumpy but these ones stick out and are moveable and my are wrist and fingers have been a bit sore lately.

nhelen79
07-11-16, 18:44
i'm going to have a shin lump removed tomorrow and i'm panicking. The doctors said the chance it's benign is 90% but since they cannot be sure it's scares me very much. the lumpy area on the shin skin is not as swollen. i think it has gone down in the past few weeks but it's not gone totally.

LouiseC1896
07-11-16, 22:57
That's good that it's gone down, it can't be anything nasty! How long ago did you notice your lump and is it movable? I'm still freaking out about mine and can't stop googling it! I've scared myself even more!

ElleNicole
08-11-16, 00:03
Dont google. It has literally ruined us all. I had my husband block the internet on my phone so i cannot google. I have a lump on my shin that is almost gone after a month. It was never bigger than a pea to begin with but i am still having it checked out just to make sure. Good luck!

LouiseC1896
08-11-16, 07:24
I think I'll need to get the Internet blocked on my phone! Good luck with your surgery!

nhelen79
14-11-16, 19:00
hi all,
i just want to update on my surgery. he didn't take everything to avoid scar. he only took 40% and the final report came back as benign. scar formation

Leslie735
15-11-16, 13:39
hi all,
i just want to update on my surgery. he didn't take everything to avoid scar. he only took 40% and the final report came back as benign. scar formation

YAY!!! :yahoo: