PDA

View Full Version : Going through HA, and feel the anxiety hit you shortly after you wake up?

Dave_Lister
03-11-16, 15:05
So I know, I am suffering from HA, but I want to ask, does anyone feel it come on them like a wave shortly after they wake up from a nights sleep?

I will wake up, and feel normal for a minute, and then feel the rush come on me. Its not an overwhelming rush, but one that makes me say "oh yea, here's my little friend again, good morning HA" does anyone get this too?

saf138
03-11-16, 15:29
Yup happens to me all the time yet an hour or so before I go to sleep I feel "normal" and relaxed I think its mainly because when you wake up you know you have a full day ahead of you which your going to go through worrying about any problems or symptoms you may be dealing with. That's just my opinion there could be some kind of science behind it

SLA
03-11-16, 16:56
Tiredness + Hunger + Bodily Wake Up Sensations + Probable Dehydration

Recipe for anxiety in the morning.

I ignore my mood/feelings first thing. Takes me at least half an hour to properly come to.

EKB
03-11-16, 17:11
Every day lately. I try and ignore it, get myself together, get some food in me. Then I usually feel a bit better. I've been finding meditation also helps in the mornings.

brucealmighty
03-11-16, 17:41
definitely, mornings were always my worst. I`m not diabetic thankfully but for some reason each morning I would have mild terror that my blood sugar was way too low and would induce symptoms in myself. even if I went to the loo first I would think I was missing out on critical nutrients by not eating immediately.

SLA is spot on try to ignore your first 20-30 minutes as your body is coming out of sleep and not really knowing where it is so go nice and easy, or what I do now is get my food ready the night before so I can know its there when I need it.

a lot of recovery is finding the little tricks that work for you so I hope you get your mornings sorted soon as it is a real boost if you can start the day feeling like you`re on top of things.

Dave_Lister
03-11-16, 18:04
Mine sticks with me all day at work, and sometimes at home. It is like I wake up and have a brief minute of peace, and the it comes on me.

dale12345
03-11-16, 19:44
Always worse in the morning dont know why.

Ange1
03-11-16, 22:47
Mornings are always the worst even when anxiety is low. It's the cortisol that everyone releases ( regardless of anxiety issues) as part of the waking up process linked to adrenaline that does it. As cavemen we needed to be ready for action the moment we awoke to avoid danger. Just that because of anxiety ours is on a hair trigger from over stimulation so the effects are enhanced so our bodies behave like a sabre tooth tiger is waiting to pounce lol. I found just acknowledging and accepting this and getting on with my day without giving myself a kick really helped. X

Indiaav
19-11-16, 23:37
I also have this, I hate going to bed as I always go with the fear of waking with panics and they scare the life out of me. Then when I wake I can feel fine for ten minutes then the doom hits, though it decreases in the afternoon and then fear starts it going in the evening again.

Ljthompson10
20-11-16, 19:06
I have this as well mate. Stay strong

owainm
21-11-16, 21:13
I am exactly the same at the moment and it is destroying my life. I never sleep well cause I know what is coming in the morning lucky if I sleep four hours straight. I get up get the kids ready for school and have found myself retreating back to bed where I lie all day till 5pm. I can't find a way of coping with the anxiety through the day so I retreat to bed. I know this is probably the worse thing to do but I can't manage to stay up.

worrywart29
21-11-16, 21:30
This happens to me every morning. I initially wake up feeling great. The moment I get into my morning routine anxiety hits me full force.

LateRoses
22-11-16, 01:32
Yep, this happens to me most mornings, too. Usually, I end up waking up half an hour to an hour before my alarm is set to go off due to my bf moving around or my dog waking me up and I can't fall back asleep again because the gears start spinning in my head and I start feeling so anxious and nervous.

I fall asleep at night like a baby though. The problem is really in the "waking up" portion.

NancyW
22-11-16, 04:21
I get up get the kids ready for school and have found myself retreating back to bed where I lie all day till 5pm.

It sounds like you do not work outside the home. How do you get you chores done? House cleaning? Grocery shopping? Cooking for your family? Paying bills?

Keeping busy has always helped me.

paranoid-viking
22-11-16, 10:10
I know it all so well. But I am not sure if I agree that morning is the worst. Last night I had recurring stomach pain which scared the living hell out of me. I was thinking "here it comes. Here comes the flared up cancer that the ultrsound failed to detect. In two months I will be gone".

Cusper
23-11-16, 05:05
Hi Dave,

I used to have this during periods of my life where I felt really helpless and I was in severe panic mode. Especially when I was in panic mode most of the day. It's like, you finally have some relief by sleeping (but even then my dreams were not so good) you wake up and your thoughts soon become disastrous. It's almost as if you have wired your thinking that way subconsciously and it is a bit of a cycle for a while.
It takes some work but you have to talk to yourself in a loving way. Yes I know that is very corny but you have to stop scaring yourself and think of ways to talk yourself out of it. Start by telling yourself kind things before you go to bed and when you get up and all day for that matter. or even tell yourself you are willing to change this way of life just to begin with. I know I keep giving advice but please youtube Louise Hay she has done the world of good for me. It's work but it really has to do with thought patterns. I am telling you a few years ago I would wake up and not long after i would fly into a panic, I could barely deal with my life. My family would try to talk to me and I was really unable to cope. Seriously it's taken time for me, but read all you can. You can change your life just by changing the way you think.