PDA

View Full Version : Pancreas issue NEED REPLY

violet33
04-11-16, 02:12
I'm posting an issue about a friend who's having a lot of anxiety over a pancreas issue. She has a hypo dense muconous benign tumor on the pancreas. She was told by the dr that although it is benign, not to wait more than 3 weeks to have an MRI to see how deep in organ the tumor is. She's already had a cat scan revealing that it's dimensions are 3.3cmx1.7cm. She was informed that this could turn malignant but may not. She is extremely worried about the recovery after surgery. Does anyone know anything about this? If so please respond as she has no medical insurance & is having difficulty getting info from drs. She lives in Florida in USA. Thank You

randomforeigner
04-11-16, 06:01
She has to focus on the "may not" option and take one day at a time. The pancreas is not a good place to have a non-benign tumour. I recently heard a radio program where a doctor talked about his work, and said there are no patients associations for pancreas cancer survivors and that is for a reason. But you say your friend has a benign one. Maybe she has something she can sell off to pay for the treatment. I live in a country where we citizens collectively pay for our common health insurance, so am not familiar with how to cope with a situation where you are without health insurance.

violet33
04-11-16, 14:36
Thank You