PDA

View Full Version : Hello :) New here and thought I would introduce myself.

Sookie xx
04-11-16, 13:07
To start with I have suffered from panic attacks since I was 21 years of age, now 45 so a mighty long time.

Mine were triggered by a night out at a rave and taking huge amounts of speed when parionia hit and I thought I was dying.. obviously the symptoms of the panic attack enforced my fears :( I know I was stupid and still to this day wonder how different my life could have been without living so restricted by anxiety, panic and aggrophobia. . I managed to cope for many years giving birth to two beautiful children and living within my comfort zone but after the birth of my 3 child the panic hit again with a vengeance and I was prescribed citalopram which actually worked wonders... 4 months ago and after 10 years on the medication the doctor and I agreed it was time to ween me off , happily I done as was advised and slowly came off my medication. .. been 5 weeks clear abd all was fine until 2 weeks ago out of the blue a major panic attack hit me when out with my daughter.. the worst I have ever suffered and I had her to think about as it scared her... I was literally 5 mins walk from home and my daughter had to call me a taxi as I couldn't move :( since then my anxiety is through the roof so I have decided today to go back on the medication to live a semi normal life for myself and my children... Ohhh I'm a single mum so I have to especially for my children. . Long story I know :doh: I have tried for years to hide I have this problem as it makes me feel weak but came across this today and so glad I did... so hello everyone I'm sookie...xx

venusbluejeans
04-11-16, 13:12
Hiya Sookie xx and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Echojade
04-11-16, 14:51
Hello Sookie,
Im new too. :D
Im sorry to hear your anxiety is back. I can only assume it must feel hard for you because you know the work ahead. But you also remember the triumph of control so that should help motivate you too.

I have no idea if my words help... but in my head it made sense and please know its coming from a loving supportive place.
X

Sookie xx
04-11-16, 15:00
Awwww thank you for the kind welcome :) yes it does make perfect sense, I know now what to do and definitely what other to do...haha... I know I can overcome this as I have done twice before which gives my the strength and I must go at my own pace as I use to let others try to control my steps and I would out of trying to please them which doesn't work... I know when I'm ready and what I'm capable of on certain days... baby steps but we can do it... sending hugs..xx