PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma.....

Lollipop22
04-11-16, 15:52
I've had 2 lumps in my neck for around 3 years now and never bothered me, but last year I found another one not much further back than my ear, it's under the skin, never changed, nothing. Until yesterday I felt like a spot, obviously picked at it and it swelled up, now I'm scared that the lumps got bigger and I have something wrong with me. It's probably been there about a year and a half thinking about it?
It scares me because I've grown up with a lot of my grandads side having a lot of cancer issues, his best friend is dying of it ( he has months left) my great gramma died of breast cancer and his sisters daughter got lymphoma at 26, and she had a hugggeeeee lump on the side of her neck, but she's better now thankfully :)
I'm worried that my lump had got bigger when I know it hasn't :(

unsure_about_this
04-11-16, 16:02
I think after this long you will probably be having more symptoms by now.

If you worried see a GP and dont Google, try not to pick at all as well.

axolotl
04-11-16, 16:58
I've had 2 lumps in my neck for around 3 years now and never bothered me, but last year I found another one not much further back than my ear, it's under the skin, never changed, nothing. Until yesterday I felt like a spot, obviously picked at it and it swelled up, now I'm scared that the lumps got bigger and I have something wrong with me. It's probably been there about a year and a half thinking about it?
It scares me because I've grown up with a lot of my grandads side having a lot of cancer issues, his best friend is dying of it ( he has months left) my great gramma died of breast cancer and his sisters daughter got lymphoma at 26, and she had a hugggeeeee lump on the side of her neck, but she's better now thankfully :)
I'm worried that my lump had got bigger when I know it hasn't :(

My mother in law had lymphoma recently (and is now recovered) and it grew very very rapidly. After three years you would be very seriously ill. If you're worried see a doctor, but after all this time I wouldn't think it's possible to be what you're scared of.