PDA

View Full Version : Hi new here thought I would introduce myself

LJ1992
04-11-16, 20:18
Hi Guys,

I am 23 and I have suffered with anxiety for about 8 years.

I want to talk about it because I don't talk about it enough.

Every day of my life is a constant struggle of wondering what people are thinking about me, feeling like i stand out like a sore thumb, feeling like every time somebody looks at me they are thinking the worst.

I have always lacked confidence and self esteem.

Every time I am out I have clammy sweaty hands and am in a constant state of panic.

I have a small panic attack 9 times out of 10 when i go on public transport (Underground In particular)

about 6 weeks ago I had a very severe panic attack and it completely threw my breathing off.

Now I have this feeling of air hunger, Feeling like I cannot get a satisfying breath, I have been to the doctors countless times but they all say the same thing, My oxygen levels are perfect I dont have asthma my chest is completely clear.

I have felt a lot of horrible symptoms from anxiety but this is by far the worst feeling of them all, It almost feels as if I am suffocating!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Any way this is part of my story/struggle lol

Luke.

venusbluejeans
04-11-16, 20:24
Hiya LJ1992 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Sam Winter
05-11-16, 00:20
:welcome:Luke I hope you find all the support you're looking for and you find that the forum is very welcoming and nice, I'm here if you ever need anything c :)

randomforeigner
05-11-16, 06:29
I don't think "the worst", I think you are OK.

Bigboyuk
10-11-16, 11:07
Hi Luke welcome aboard to NMP :) While i don't have panic attacks etc I do relate to low self esteem and lack really lack confidence and always worry what people may be thinking about me, so you defo not alone on these things m8 :) if you want to chat via Pm ever feel free to do this. Hope you find what you are lookig for on here too!