PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety while and after working out. Can hear heart beat in ears

anxious_thoughts
04-11-16, 23:51
Anyone else get this?

I notice my heart rate so much while working out that it doesn't make it enjoyable for me anymore. I used to love working out and the feeling afterwards. Ever since my healthy anxiety has worsened I find it difficult to keep to a work out routine.

I also worry about being able to hear my heart beat pounding in my ears. Does anyone else get this as well? When I google it it tells me that it's not normal which worries me.

kivyt73
05-11-16, 00:30
I have struggled with this as well and it even caused me to quit going to Zumba class and led to panic attacks when outside on walks on the treadmill etc. It is normal for people with anxiety and HA. The only "cure" I have found it to keep at it, avoiding it just makes it worse. I registered for a yoga class today and public exercise is harder so I know how you feel but I am going to commit to going. Good luck

Ivy

Fishmanpa
05-11-16, 02:34
Hyper-vigilance.... nothing more.

Positive thoughts

anxious_thoughts
05-11-16, 22:29
I have struggled with this as well and it even caused me to quit going to Zumba class and led to panic attacks when outside on walks on the treadmill etc. It is normal for people with anxiety and HA. The only "cure" I have found it to keep at it, avoiding it just makes it worse. I registered for a yoga class today and public exercise is harder so I know how you feel but I am going to commit to going. Good luck

Ivy

Thanks for replying Ivy!
That's so great that you're going to commit to going. I'm also going to keep pushing myself to exercise, I also used to do Zumba once a week without panic attacks but just lately everything seems to go hand in hand with my anxiety.
Just gotta push myself through it! Thanks again xx

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Hyper-vigilance.... nothing more.

Positive thoughts

Lol, you're right
Gotta keep pushing myself and move passed that

Ronan23
06-11-16, 03:18
Used to get this too, damn it wasn't fun. I was so anxious that even something as beneficial as exercise was making me scared. Yikes.