PDA

View Full Version : Really Freaking Myself out!! Help

andram
05-11-16, 05:11
I've been going through various fears of having cancer as of being diagnosed with HPV a few months ago after noticing anal warts.

In a thread earlier this week, I mentioned going to a neurologist and getting an MRI for what I thought was a lump on the back of my head. I got the MRI results back when I called 2 days later and the doctor told me that I had some cysts in my sinuses, that he doesn't think I should be too worried about. He said he'd only be worried if my teeth hurt or something like that.

That same day I saw an ENT for a sore throat and earache I've been having. She did an endoscopy and said everything looks fine, just a little swollen. She said it all may be acid reflux related. I then asked her if she looked over the MRI that I had sent over from the nuerologist, she said she only had the report but sinus cysts are common and generally noncancerous, and that I shouldn't be concerned.

Reflecting back afterwards, I don't know if she even saw the cysts or if they were higher up maybe at eye level or something. I felt a little relief after the appointment but I kept thinking about how I really want the cysts to be checked out regardless and maybe even removed.

Today, the neurologist's words echoed in my mind, you know - the thing about the teeth hurting and I kept on feeling around my mouth all day. Eventually I realized above the left side, back side of my front teeth near my gums may hurt a bit. Have they always? Was I just irritating them by constantly feeling around with my tongue? I'm not sure.

Eventually I had realized, towards the back of my mouth near my wisdom teeth, feels puffy and a bit inflamed as well as a blood blister. Do you think me playing with my mouth/checking if my teeth hurt all day possibly caused that? The ENT would have caught something like that, right?

Now I can't stop thinking the cysts are cancerous and that I have cancer and the blood blister and inflation are all cancer related/cancer symptoms.