PDA

View Full Version : About to start Citalopram 20mg

Twirlywoo
05-11-16, 09:15
As the title says Doctor have perscribed me citalopram 20mg.
I started with severe anxiety back in 2011 after the birth of my daughter. I went into a terrible place yet managed to recover with self help and meditation. Only now 5yeara later I've hit a all time low. Feeling the worst I have ever felt. I have also experienced dissociation which terrified the life out of me. I couldn't think straight the next at all and took myself to my doctor. He listened and thought now would be the time to take medication and help myself on Road to recovery. For the citalopram he has given me diazepam 2mg x3 daily as needed. As you can imagine from some one who suffers extreme anxiety and OCD like thoughts I'm going out my mind with the fear of taking them and getting all the horrible side effects. I'm practically scared to death.

Please give me some advice. I want to feel better yet I'm that scared I think no it's okay I'll just live with this anxiety and not take them. Then in the next breath the anxiety is so bad I just want to take it but can't being myself to do it 😢

Mermaid16
05-11-16, 09:38
Hi Twirlywoo! Welcome to NMP! You will find lots of friendly supportive people on this site that are willing to share their experiences and help you. We all react differently to meds, so if you can, try to avoid reading the horror stories. It sounds like you have s good doctor, in that he has given you some diazepam to help out with any start up effects. You will never know, if you don't try. I suffered with severe anxiety and although sometimes the start up effects suck, the years of living anxiety free after the initial start up period have definately been worth it. We've all been through the start ups and we're all still here to tell our stories. Good luck. Let me know if you ever need to chat. Tracy xx

Bike Rider
05-11-16, 09:41
I took Cit starting on 20mg and then 40mg, apart from dry mouth, slight weight gain, some initial anxiety at first but that went after a week, I was fine on it.

It did take 8 weeks to fully kick in, so dont be in a rush to see changes these things take time I am afraid.

For my anxiety attacks he gave me a beta blocker, these work but take 1.5 hours to start. I have tried Diazepam for sleep/anxiety but these had no effect at all on me.

Anyway, DON'T be scared of them, they will help but it takes time. I only changed to Fluox because I lost motivation to do things and my GP thinks these will help with that.

Twirlywoo
05-11-16, 09:50
Thank you so much mermaid and Bikeride, I think with anxiety of taking my meds I did the wrong thing by reading all the horror stories.
I just want to feel better and know that this is my last chance to give myself and my children their mother back.
what would be the best time of day to start them?
I work long shifts 3 days a week and also worrying I will be out of it when I have a very important job?

Oh god why do I over think everything ��

Bike Rider
05-11-16, 10:13
Yes, that is one of my issues, overthinking, always have to analyze everything and end up finding the worst answer, but remember, most of these thoughts are only YOUR opinion and probably have no facts to back them up.

I found that Cit 40mg made me tired about 4pm, but, I am a person that has to be occupied or else I am bored and tired. So with you working, you may be ok with this, only time will tell.

I took mine at night so as to help me sleep, ha! no difference at all, so once again trial and test, start in the pm and change to the am if needed, they have a half life of 35 hrs so taking them at a different time won't affect their effect on you.

But it all takes time and your anxiety may get worse at first, so just keep in your mind that they will help you.

As regards the horror stories, most people dont tell you what else they take that could interact with their prescribed meds, they dont tell their GP's either and then wonder why things dont happen. I knew someone who for 12 months was going back and forth to their GP and hospital for tests etc because of side effects, until they finally admitted that they used Ecstasy and Marijuana as well, then everything fell into place and they got sorted out.

Twirlywoo
05-11-16, 10:30
Thanks for the reply again, it really does help to talk to someone.
I think another Of my main fears is the increase in anxiety, when I sit and think it could potentially get worse I'm like 'how'? Could I cope if I felt any worse than I do now?

I can honestly say I don't take no medications that could interact as I find it even hard to take cocodamol. I don't smoke and I don't drink. Only drug I have is coffee and then I've even tried to cut back on that too.

Do/did you ever get that dissociation?
One minute I'm looking around the room listening to noise and stuff then bamb it's like a bang and I snap and think oh yeah I was just like round the room listening to noise? Kind of like the saying "a reality check"?

That's a weird one for me as I never felt it before.

Bike Rider
05-11-16, 10:44
Coffee can make you worse and several people on here will attest to that, so go easy on it.

I enjoy a drink, but know my limitations.

The anxiety may get worse, it did for me, but it only last's a week and knowing that it get easier later on helped me through it.

I dont have dissociation, but I used to get mild "brain zaps" where I would feel dizzy for a split second and these would continue for 5-10 minutes, but during these times and days I felt great, unfortunately I havent had these for 5 weeks now.

Twirlywoo
05-11-16, 10:56
I totally understand that I need to just get a boost into recovery.
I self medicated for 5 whole years and I know I'm strong enough once given a break from this crippling anxiety.

I'm hoping once I get the anxiety and panic attacks under control I can address the issues that have got me into this state.

Thank you so much for taking your time to speak with me.

Bike Rider
05-11-16, 11:32
Talk to me anytime, you can private message me if you wish.

The meds will help with the anxiety, just give them time.

L-o-n-d-o-n
05-11-16, 12:34
citalopram, doesn't do anything apart from lift your mood, and that can take upto 4 weeks to even feel a difference in your self if at all, i was given them didn't help so they gave me escitalopram i was on them for a long time and had problems sleeping and my delusions became worse ( wasn't helping ) so i told the psychologist i was under and she told me thy'er a type of speed (both types) i thought that strange to give something like that to someone with a anxiety disorder but she told me nothing you can do for anxiety only (you can by learning to mentally treat yourself with better thinking, :huh: so after that i got myself off them and well i got some dizziness and a headache that lasted for oh about a week or two and i have never took anything else again because they don't work well not for me anyways and i have had a lot of meds, i have found only the ones they give you at hospital work :wacko: and that is coming from someone who is diagnosed with clinical depression, had more than one trip to the lock up for that from me been 12 years old...with extreme anxiety disorder also agoraphobic, been out the house only three times in 12 years all three was for the doc's...i have crippling ocd, really that is really bad i cannot even watch some tv channels and all they say is (we don't know what to do, what do you think we should do london :unsure: i laugh :weep:

Twirlywoo
05-11-16, 12:50
Thank you for your reply London.
It's good see how it works differently for people.

Deep down I know it won't 'cure' me and I know only I can do that but whilst I feel at the end of the road I need something to help pick me up and give me the confidence to get through my anxiety.
I'm not looking for a permanent fix I'm looking for some relief for now.
The fix will come when I can tackle it with a more stable mind.

L-o-n-d-o-n
05-11-16, 12:59
well what is it that's bothering you, if you're looking for a med to help the one they've given you won't citalopram and escitalopram are the same drug.i i quote
Anxiety disorder[edit]
There may be a significant improvement in GAD symptoms as early as the first week and the majority of patients respond by week eight with a significant improvement in functioning.[13] It also seems effective in the long-term, with relapse on escitalopram....(20%) less than placebo (50%)....

Escitalopram and citalopram appear equally effective in panic disorder.[15]

Twirlywoo
05-11-16, 13:08
It's the fear of being so low that bothers me.
The feeling of being out of control in myself. Not knowing from day to day if I'm going to be in floods of tears and not able to cope with everyday tasks.
In the past I had a awful time but I managed to get through it without Meds. Et this time I can't seem to rationalise and make a push to move forward which makes me feel like I'm at a worse place than I was before?

L-o-n-d-o-n
05-11-16, 13:15
what is making you feel this way, their is always a reason, and this if it's a temporary low like before, it will be worse than before...and it will go like before, in time, and then come back worse until you get whatever it is out of your head, is it someone, is it a fear of something, is it something that happened, and whatever it is face it. or you will end up like me, and trust me you don't want that..you'd better off dead because that's just how i feel.

Twirlywoo
05-11-16, 13:21
Not really helping is it saying things like that.

Thanks for your input but I think I'll end the conversation here

L-o-n-d-o-n
05-11-16, 13:25
running doesn't help, face your fear, or your fear will eat you alive. just like it has me.

Mermaid16
05-11-16, 22:49
Hi London. Firstly, I want to say that the advice you have given to Twirly is absolutely deplorable. On here, we support each other, not scare the bejesus out of each other. How do you know that this medication isn't going to work for her? Just because it didn't work for you, doesn't mean it's not for everyone. I haven't taken this medication before, but I have taken Sertraline. I was an absolute wreck before I took it and after I got it in my system, I was able to function 'normally' for at least ten years. I know lots of girls on here that have taken this medication for anxiety and it has helped them. Have you ever heard of the saying if you don't have anything nice to say then, don't say it at all??? If you think that medication won't work then maybe offer some encouraging advise about therapy. I usually wouldn't say anything, but it really pisses me off when just because medication hasn't worked for you, you try and scare people into not taking it. I have taken medication, that hasn't agreed with me, but I don't scare people into not taking it. I'm honest and say I couldn't tolerate it, but it may work for you. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND WHAT WORKS FOR SOME DOESN'T FOR OTHERS AND VICE VERSA.

Twirly, please don't be put off by Londons comments, ultimately it is your choice and you will make your own decision. xx

Katiewest
05-11-16, 23:17
Hey twirlywoo! I'm currently on Citalopram. I started taking Citalopram after my first born, I was super depressed and my anxiety was the worst it had ever been, I couldn't breathe and couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel. When i first started taking Citalopram, I had some awful side effects for 2 weeks (increased anxiety, panic attacks, weird vision) but after sticking to it for them ruff 2 weeks I got so much better! I carried on taking them for 9 months and came off them for a month! As soon as I came off them, my mood started getting low again. I'm now currently back on them & have been on them for 3 weeks... I feel a improvement, but this time it's taking a while longer to get the full effects :) don't be scared to take your medication, it's there to help you! It may take a while to kick in.. But in the long run its so worth it!

L-o-n-d-o-n
06-11-16, 00:12
how do i know they won't work...mermaid16 because they are a type of placebo med :) a mild stimulant, you would know this if you have taken them and then say something you're given at a hospital, one has very little affect (if at all) and the other :D i am not trying to scare her into not taking them i have not put anything like that you need to read up better..all i have told her is that they don't work and running from your fear doesn't help, so the truth...she knows this by p.m :)

Mermaid16
06-11-16, 00:25
how do i know they won't work...mermaid16 because they are a type of placebo med :) a mild stimulant, you would know this if you have taken them and then say something you're given at a hospital, one has very little affect (if at all) and the other :D i am not trying to scare her into not taking them i have not put anything like that you need to read up better..all i have told her is that they don't work and running from your fear doesn't help, so the truth...she knows this by p.m :)

Seriously, what is with all the double Dutch talk??? If you have something to say then spit it out! You keep going on about this 'miracle pill?' you got in hospital. Well what is it? By the way, I have taken Sertraline which I'm guessing is also a placebo and mild stimulant? I think the difference here might be that the medications we are talking about are for anxiety and depression, not for any other type of mental illness. I will not be wasting anymore time responding to you. You have your opinion, I have mine. The OP will make her own educated decision regarding the medication.

dale12345
06-11-16, 00:29
Welcome to the site, hope everything works out.

L-o-n-d-o-n
06-11-16, 00:53
Seriously, what is with all the double Dutch talk??? If you have something to say then spit it out! You keep going on about this 'miracle pill?' you got in hospital. Well what is it? By the way, I have taken Sertraline which I'm guessing is also a placebo and mild stimulant? I think the difference here might be that the medications we are talking about are for anxiety and depression, not for any other type of mental illness. I will not be wasting anymore time responding to you. You have your opinion, I have mine. The OP will make her own educated decision regarding the medication.
i can see you know only two thing's " jack and s..t " sertraline :roflmao: " heavy breather " i was not talking to you to start with big nose..."double Dutch" that'd be English..and the truth.:)

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

ι ѕee a red door and ι wanт ιт paιnтed вlacĸ
no colorѕ anyмore ι wanт тнeм тo тυrn вlacĸ
ι ѕee тнe gιrlѕ walĸ вy dreѕѕed ιn тнeιr ѕυммer cloтнeѕ
ι нave тo тυrn мy нead υnтιl мy darĸneѕѕ goeѕ

ι ѕee a lιne oғ carѕ and тнey're all paιnтed вlacĸ
wιтн ғlowerѕ and мy love вoтн never тo coмe вacĸ
ι ѕee people тυrn тнeιr нeadѕ and qυιcĸly looĸ away
lιĸe a new вorn вaвy ιт jυѕт нappenѕ every day

ι looĸ ιnѕιde мyѕelғ and ѕee мy нearт ιѕ вlacĸ
ι ѕee мy red door and мυѕт нave ιт paιnтed вlacĸ
мayвe тнen ι'll ғade away and noт нave тo ғace тнe ғacтѕ
ιт'ѕ noт eaѕy ғacιn' υp wнen yoυr wнole world ιѕ вlacĸ

no мore wιll мy green ѕea go тυrn a deeper вlυe
ι coυld noт ғoreѕee тнιѕ тнιng нappenιng тo yoυ
ιғ ι looĸ нard enoυgн ιnтo тнe ѕeттιn' ѕυn
мy love wιll laυgн wιтн мe вeғore тнe мornιn' coмeѕ

ι ѕee a red door and ι wanт ιт paιnтed вlacĸ
no colorѕ anyмore ι wanт тнeм тo тυrn вlacĸ
ι ѕee тнe gιrlѕ walĸ вy dreѕѕed ιn тнeιr ѕυммer cloтнeѕ
ι нave тo тυrn мy нead υnтιl мy darĸneѕѕ goeѕ, нмм, нмм, нмм

ι wanna ѕee yoυr ғace, paιnтed вlacĸ
вlacĸ aѕ nιgнт, вlacĸ aѕ coal
ι wanna ѕee тнe ѕυn вloттed oυт ғroм тнe ѕĸy
ι wanna ѕee ιт paιnтed, paιnтed, paιnтed, paιnтed вlacĸ...

" Mods this helps my mind " i mean no harm.... :noangel:

dale12345
06-11-16, 02:20
Ok! your really not helping anyone London, we try help each other not make things worse

L-o-n-d-o-n
06-11-16, 02:22
Hello...:) Hummz, okay :shrug:

MyNameIsTerry
06-11-16, 10:01
citalopram, doesn't do anything apart from lift your mood, and that can take upto 4 weeks to even feel a difference in your self if at all, i was given them didn't help so they gave me escitalopram i was on them for a long time and had problems sleeping and my delusions became worse ( wasn't helping ) so i told the psychologist i was under and she told me thy'er a type of speed (both types) i thought that strange to give something like that to someone with a anxiety disorder but she told me nothing you can do for anxiety only (you can by learning to mentally treat yourself with better thinking, :huh: so after that i got myself off them and well i got some dizziness and a headache that lasted for oh about a week or two and i have never took anything else again because they don't work well not for me anyways and i have had a lot of meds, i have found only the ones they give you at hospital work :wacko: and that is coming from someone who is diagnosed with clinical depression, had more than one trip to the lock up for that from me been 12 years old...with extreme anxiety disorder also agoraphobic, been out the house only three times in 12 years all three was for the doc's...i have crippling ocd, really that is really bad i cannot even watch some tv channels and all they say is (we don't know what to do, what do you think we should do london :unsure: i laugh :weep:

Science says otherwise. If Cit & Escit are, I presume you believe all SSRI's are? How about SNRI's? How about tricyclic's? Maybe they lied to you?

If you wanted to take a stimulant you would be bang out of luck taking SSRI's.

Nothing like amphetamines. Taking a stimulant when you're CNS is too stimulated is not really a good idea. 20 cups of coffee and the next hour running round the room in circles with your heart pounding out of your chest tends not to work well for anxiety sufferers.

NMP is a moderate forum when it comes to meds, if you are looking for scaremonger anxiety forums, you're in the wrong place...

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

i can see you know only two thing's " jack and s..t " sertraline :roflmao: " heavy breather " i was not talking to you to start with big nose..."double Dutch" that'd be English..and the truth.:)

So, a bit like the "fck" and "all" you seem to know about Cit & Escit then? I can do silly comments too. Seriously, why the reaction? We all mostly get on well on here, if you treat other people in a friendly manner you will make friends on here and get lost of support but if you act like this, very quickly you will find no one will help. :shrug:

It's best to give people reliable information, we tend to leave the BS about meds off NMP.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

well what is it that's bothering you, if you're looking for a med to help the one they've given you won't citalopram and escitalopram are the same drug.i i quote
Anxiety disorder[edit]
There may be a significant improvement in GAD symptoms as early as the first week and the majority of patients respond by week eight with a significant improvement in functioning.[13] It also seems effective in the long-term, with relapse on escitalopram....(20%) less than placebo (50%)....

Escitalopram and citalopram appear equally effective in panic disorder.[15]

Slightly different drugs. Just because something is a SSRI class doesn't make it the same. Some people switch from Cit when it stops working to any in the SSRI class and find it works. We have had plenty of people on here who have done that with success. Some people work through loads in the SSRI class and nothing helps.

Elen
06-11-16, 10:31
To the OP

I would ignore London's advice as much off what he has said contains no medical facts whatsoever.

Elen

L-o-n-d-o-n
06-11-16, 13:30
i think you should stop reading wiki terry and yeah i do know they don't work i was told by a psychologist they are a placebo, took them myself too so trust it or not it's very true, that's why they take upto 4weeks to start to work..that's about the time people start to recover from a low lets say anyways...but hey enjoy your mild stimulants....

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

amphetamine a very small amount to lift a persons mood they have in them terry so yeah speed :) she told me sorry to pop your bubble doctor :ohmy:

Pipkin
06-11-16, 17:32
i think you should stop reading wiki terry and yeah i do know they don't work i was told by a psychologist they are a placebo, took them myself too so trust it or not it's very true, that's why they take upto 4weeks to start to work..that's about the time people start to recover from a low lets say anyways...but hey enjoy your mild stimulants....

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

amphetamine a very small amount to lift a persons mood they have in them terry so yeah speed :) she told me sorry to pop your bubble doctor :ohmy:

What a load of rot. Generalising, narrow minded, uninformed and alarmist. If you're going to post these kinds of statements, let's see some objective and balanced evidence which is more substantial than 'a psychologist said so'. If you're that gullible, I'd think twice before posting.

My niece told me the tooth fairy left her £5 last week. It must be true..

Pip

L-o-n-d-o-n
06-11-16, 18:20
so a psychologist, a doctor something you and no one on this site is is wrong then ? :huh: shut up...and mind your own business, you stupid hypercondriac go check that mole again.....

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

seeing has people on here just love to be the copy paste doctor "script kidy" has they'er are known...here you go seeing has you don't trust me and a phd doctor http://psychcentral.com/news/2011/07/30/st-johns-wort-citalopram-no-better-than-placebo-for-minor-depression/28117.html :roflmao:

---------- Post added at 18:20 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

how the truth hurts..hope you all feel better after that citalopram pill :roflmao:

Pipkin
06-11-16, 18:21
so a psychologist, a doctor something you and no one on this site is is wrong then ? :huh: shut up...and mind your own business, you stupid hypercondriac go check that mole again.....

---------- Post added at 18:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

seeing has people on here just love to be the copy paste doctor "script kidy" has they'er are known...here you go seeing has you don't trust me and a phd doctor http://psychcentral.com/news/2011/07/30/st-johns-wort-citalopram-no-better-than-placebo-for-minor-depression/28117.html :roflmao:

Just the response I anticipated which demonstrates a complete lack of humanity, compassion and intelligence. Shame on you. You have no idea what I might be going through, not to mention our other members.

Also, remember that I said evidence which is balanced and objective, not one person's opinion. Perhaps you don't understand this and only like to read what you want to believe. Many people do.

Pip

L-o-n-d-o-n
06-11-16, 18:28
you people know nothing, you sit there behind your computer and talk real big after looking at websits about thing's most of you know NOTHING!!! about and give advice to people who are in need of help...you people are not doctors, none of you have a licence to be giving medical advice like this and that is dangerous, and i am reporting this all site to the NAMHC :mad:

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

and you can delete my comments of proof has much as you like i have screen capped the lot..:winks:

Pipkin
06-11-16, 18:37
No intention of deleting your comments my friend. They are clear evidence of why your views are not to be considered by other members. Feel free to do what you think is right but please seek help for your own personal mental health as you clearly need support.

Pip

L-o-n-d-o-n
06-11-16, 18:57
:roflmao: omg you don't read has much as you copy paste do you of course i need help wish i could find it, i have put just some of the thing's i suffer from above, over the years I've been on wards where people are sat chewing their own arm off i am the real deal buddy no hypo here....i had their help and i looked for help for years (from doctors) and (they did not help) so if they could not what do you think you could? internet doctor? i am not here looking for help, nor to make friends, only to read goodnight :)

Pipkin
06-11-16, 19:10
:roflmao: omg you don't read has much as you copy paste do you of course i need help wish i could find it, i have put just some of the thing's i suffer from above, over the years I've been on wards where people are sat chewing their own arm off i am the real deal buddy no hypo here....i had their help and i looked for help for years (from doctors) and (they did not help) so if they could not what do you think you could? internet doctor? i am not here looking for help, nor to make friends, only to read goodnight :)

I hope you get the help you clearly need. I recommend that you try a little compassion and consideration for others. Mental illness isn't a competition where we're all trying to suffer the most; everyone on this site is suffering and that deserves respect and empathy. Perhaps you'll find the answer to your question in these qualities rather than through shouting down others and making fun of people's pain.

Good luck for the future

Pip

L-o-n-d-o-n
06-11-16, 19:29
everyone on this site has my compassion, but i will not lie to them, i know full well how it feels to be so very alone with your mind and no one will listen, no one see's what you see, their is nothing worse...and look for help from everywhere only to find their is nothing no one can do and no pill can fix, because you cannot fix something that is broken pipkin only live with what is and that for alot of people i have known over the years myself included is nothing but a coward who cannot do what he should...should have done along time ago.#END

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 03:35
Is the a yawn smiley on here? I think you would be better off joining one of the nutty hardcore med hater forums out there than here.

You keep accusing everyone of being copy/paste robots yet the only person doing that on the thread is YOU.

Bye bye Mr Troll.

L-o-n-d-o-n
07-11-16, 05:44
Is the a yawn smiley on here? I think you would be better off joining one of the nutty hardcore med hater forums out there than here.

You keep accusing everyone of being copy/paste robots yet the only person doing that on the thread is YOU.

Bye bye Mr Troll.
i am not going anywhere terry....:)
wikileaks.info :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 05:52
Well that's your choice. You obviously consider yourself much more important than anyone on here will. :rolleyes:

Of course, you might want to work on your contradictory posting because you have done quite a bit of that in this thread. :doh: It will help you become a better troll :yesyes:

(one minute it works, the next it doesn't, one minute it's a placebo effect, the next it's not :doh:)

I think it's very sad that you deem yourself "real" and put down those with HA tendencies. You do realise there's not an anxiety disorder in existence that some is more "real" than any other?

For such a clever guy, isn't it strange that you haven't worked out that to just read you don't even need to join? You don't want support since no one can support you and you don't want to make friends? And since you only want to read, why have you bothered posting? And since no one here is considered worthy enough to ever try to support you, why read what we are saying since you hold us in such little regard, let alone waste time joining?

someone who is diagnosed with clinical depression, had more than one trip to the lock up for that from me been 12 years old...with extreme anxiety disorder also agoraphobic, been out the house only three times in 12 years all three was for the doc's...i have crippling ocd, really that is really bad i cannot even watch some tv channels and all they say is (we don't know what to do, what do you think we should do london

Join the club. You've not said anything there I haven't see others post about on here. Oh, and I don't have HA aspects to my GAD & OCD. My OCD was severe and I had similar issues to what you describe there.

Posture is important in anxiety. I think removing that big chip off your shoulder would work wonders for you.

L-o-n-d-o-n
07-11-16, 06:56
Science says otherwise. If Cit & Escit are, I presume you believe all SSRI's are? How about SNRI's? How about tricyclic's? Maybe they lied to you?

If you wanted to take a stimulant you would be bang out of luck taking SSRI's.

Nothing like amphetamines. Taking a stimulant when you're CNS is too stimulated is not really a good idea. 20 cups of coffee and the next hour running round the room in circles with your heart pounding out of your chest tends not to work well for anxiety sufferers.

Slightly different drugs. Just because something is a SSRI class doesn't make it the same. Some people switch from Cit when it stops working to any in the SSRI class and find it works. We have had plenty of people on here who have done that with success. Some people work through loads in the SSRI class and nothing helps.

can i see your qualifications and licensing to give information like this doctor terry? and read better terry all that copying you do it's doing your brain no good.:)

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 07:18
can i see your qualifications and licensing to give information like this doctor terry? and read better terry all that copying you do it's doing your brain no good.:)

What copying? I can't see any in this thread?

Oh, if you mean by copying information from the professional section of Drugs.com, feel free to contact them and tell them their databases, and those they are built on (including the FDA) and all the doctors & chemists that review them...don't count in your eyes. Of course, all those drug manufacturers supplying that information will have to change too...

And in terms of psychiatrics, feel free to contact WHO. I do paste from the ICD-10 at times but since that's the most senior medical manual used in the world by all our doctors...I suspect they may be ok with that?

:roflmao:

I would ask to see your qualifications but it's obvious that you've supplied enough to tell us all where end you talk out of. :D

---------- Post added at 07:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 ----------

you people know nothing, you sit there behind your computer and talk real big after looking at websits about thing's most of you know NOTHING!!! about and give advice to people who are in need of help...you people are not doctors, none of you have a licence to be giving medical advice like this and that is dangerous, and i am reporting this all site to the NAMHC :mad:

Good luck with that. Have you considered reporting NMP to the relevant authority in the UK rather than the US since we aren't from there?

Alternatively, why not get the Fijians onto the forum? :D

L-o-n-d-o-n
07-11-16, 07:32
What copying? I can't see any in this thread?

Oh, if you mean by copying information from the professional section of Drugs.com, feel free to contact them and tell them their databases, and those they are built on (including the FDA) and all the doctors & chemists that review them...don't count in your eyes. Of course, all those drug manufacturers supplying that information will have to change too...

And in terms of psychiatrics, feel free to contact WHO. I do paste from the ICD-10 at times but since that's the most senior medical manual used in the world by all our doctors...I suspect they may be ok with that?

:roflmao:

I would ask to see your qualifications but it's obvious that you've supplied enough to tell us all where end you talk out of. :D

so YOU have NO qualifications and licensing to give information like this do you doctor terry? and you're just copy pasting from websites aren't you? without knowing fully what the info means, and giving it to people who are in need of help, that right there BUDDY is criminal offence :ohmy: and all so you can feel important been doctor terry how arrogant and selfish you are. thinking of others are you? i would say thinking of yourself and making yourself feel important is what you're doing here terry, and you talk of me been a troll :roflmao: i think you need to look at the definition of trolls and take a look in a mirror..this conversation is over.

MyNameIsTerry
07-11-16, 07:37
so YOU have NO qualifications and licensing to give information like this do you doctor terry? and you're just copy pasting from websites aren't you? without knowing fully what the info means, and giving it to people who are in need of help, that right there BUDDY is criminal offence :ohmy: and all so you can feel important been doctor terry how arrogant and selfish you are. thinking of others are you? i would say thinking of yourself and making yourself feel important is what you're doing here terry, and you talk of me been a troll :roflmao: i think you need to look at the definition of trolls and take a look in a mirror..this conversation is over.

Then feel free to contact the police. Hopefully they will explain why wasting police time is a criminal offence to you.

So, if someone posts a link to medical websites that have put themselves on the internet, it is a criminal offence? Cool, I trust you will be reporting the NHS for this since they are being complicit with criminal activity. :roflmao:

You do make me laugh. You think you are winding me up but I've seen many little boys like you in my life, all talk, no substance whatsoever.

I find it pretty funny that you have also pasted information in here so I presume you will be taking yourself to your local police station today and admitting to your "crimes"? :D

Still, at least the bridge you live under will keep you dry now Winter is coming. :yesyes:

Pipkin
07-11-16, 21:15
you cannot fix something that is broken pipkin only live with what is and that for alot of people i have known over the years myself included is nothing but a coward who cannot do what he should...should have done along time ago.#END

This doesn't make any sense. Perhaps you can explain?

i am not going anywhere terry....:)
wikileaks.info :roflmao:

What is this supposed to mean?

You have no idea what members are going through and this sort of abuse is unacceptable. As for a criminal offence, don't be absurd. People are here to support each other through incredibly difficult times. We have medical professionals amongst us but neither they nor the rest of our members are here to give clinical advice.

What I consider to be more harmful is trying to deter members from a course of treatment which could well help based on your own personal experience and bias. Clearly, treatment isn't one size fits all, which is why we all respond to different approaches. I suggest you open your mind a little or I can't see how you'll be able to receive or accept help for your own mental illness which, by the way, is no more or less important than anyone else's on this site.

Before considering your reply, please read the forum terms and conditions, especially those regarding respect for others: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Pip