PDA

View Full Version : Share your lymph node story

laura95
05-11-16, 09:24
It's obvious that I'm not the only person suffering with lymph node related anxiety. So I thought that we could all share the locations and sizes of our 'abnormal' nodes? Because really, I think there is just a natural variation in size between people...some are a grain or rice which usually doesn't cause panic, but those that are the size of a pea, bean etc often does cause panic & leads us to here! And it's obvious that from the thousands of collective lymph node doctors visits between us all, that what we all think are 'swollen' are actually of a normal size and nothing to worry about. So let's share our stories and help each other along :)

Imrightbehindu
05-11-16, 18:29
It seems like many come here for lymph node problems, I agree. My main one is about pea sized under my jaw area. It has been there for over 4 years. Recently I had a bunch swell up (I don't really even know if the things I'm feeling are even swollen or if they are just normal parts of my neck) but I think I have a mild virus due to my fatigue and post nasal drip.

I had two doctors tell me this one below the chin was normal. The one was about 4 years ago, the other was Friday (yesterday). Neither were concerned enough to order any further testing other than feeling it. The one this Friday felt one in front of my ear that can only be felt when I open my mouth (muscles in jaw push it up) but it just appeared Thursday and is tender, side of a baked bean around 1cm. She didn't seem concerned with that one either and I assume its from the illness I'm currently feeling.

HarrietVanger
06-11-16, 09:44
Have one on the back of my neck. It's been there for about a year now, it just never went down again.
You are definitely not alone when it comes to freaking out over lymph nodes...just try not to poke or touch them, you know the deal. Best of luck X