PDA

View Full Version : Heart stops and feel faint every time I try to get to sleep

Wilburis
05-11-16, 21:59
Hi

Does anyone else this problem?

Every night when Im trying to get to sleep it feels like my heart stops, then I have to take a large breath to get it started again.

Also, I feel like Im slipping - feeling faint, when this happens.

x

Scaredlady
06-11-16, 00:12
Hi Lizzie;

I've had the feeling of my heart stopping and my doctor was very much of the opinion that it is the surge of adrenaline running though my body causing havoc when I am in panic mode but I don't know anything of your background to make the assertion of anxiety - Are you struggling with anxiety?

If yes, then it is likely that but if you're worried an ECG or a chat with your doctor would hopefully put your mind at rest.

Good Luck!

Mermaid16
06-11-16, 03:16
I have had this before. I feel like my heart stops and then I feel like I have to take a big breath, like I can't breath. It is anxiety related and I find it when my body and mind are relaxed and trying to move from being awake to being asleep. It is very annoying because it jolts you back awake. Once your anxiety starts to ease, it should improve.

TunaFish
06-11-16, 19:24
I have the same feelings, the faint feeling that immediately sets in is from anxiety, it's not from the heart.

Wilburis
06-11-16, 20:49
Thank you.

Xx