PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

dale12345
06-11-16, 00:08
I am finally coming to the conclusion that it seems that I always feel there has to be something wrong with me, I cant seem to accept the illness anxiety diagnoses the Dr gave me. Why do I always believe that ? Really trying to get better and understand all this HA crap. Want to have a happy productive life and enjoy my wonderful daughter as much as I can.

Mermaid16
06-11-16, 06:24
You are doing a great job Beth. If anxiety was that easy to get rid of this site wouldn't exist and all of us would be out enjoying ourselves. It is the nature of the beast unfortunately. I know I don't have health anxiety, but they are all pretty much the same. They are all are fear of something that causes us anxiety...be it health anxiety, fear of flying, fear of driving etc. It is hard and we are all trying to get better, but ultimately it is only us that can get through it. Keep doing what you did today...go the movies and the park. The more you do things outside your comfort zone, the more confidence you will get. Remember the little green anxiety monster on your shoulder is the one telling you, you have cancer. That is not a fact. Just like I think I will faint or have seizure. It is my anxiety monster telling me that. It has never happened and never will. It is fear that keeps it going. You need to adopt the 'so what' approach to your monster. Say for instance he tells you, you have cancer. You have been to the doctor and they have assured you, you don't have cancer. So when your anxiety monster tells you, you do, tell it 'so what, I've been to the doctor and you are telling me a lie'. I'm not listening'. I know it is hard Beth. I still struggle with it, but I do try and push myself. I know you do to. Right now, I'm home alone by myself and I don't feel anxious at all, because I know my anxiety is telling me a lie when it says I will faint or have a siezure and even if I do, there is nothing I can do to stop it, so it is pointless worrying about it. Hope this helps. Thinking of you xx

HarrietVanger
06-11-16, 09:46
You are doing a great job Beth. If anxiety was that easy to get rid of this site wouldn't exist and all of us would be out enjoying ourselves. It is the nature of the beast unfortunately. I know I don't have health anxiety, but they are all pretty much the same. They are all are fear of something that causes us anxiety...be it health anxiety, fear of flying, fear of driving etc. It is hard and we are all trying to get better, but ultimately it is only us that can get through it. Keep doing what you did today...go the movies and the park. The more you do things outside your comfort zone, the more confidence you will get. Remember the little green anxiety monster on your shoulder is the one telling you, you have cancer. That is not a fact. Just like I think I will faint or have seizure. It is my anxiety monster telling me that. It has never happened and never will. It is fear that keeps it going. You need to adopt the 'so what' approach to your monster. Say for instance he tells you, you have cancer. You have been to the doctor and they have assured you, you don't have cancer. So when your anxiety monster tells you, you do, tell it 'so what, I've been to the doctor and you are telling me a lie'. I'm not listening'. I know it is hard Beth. I still struggle with it, but I do try and push myself. I know you do to. Right now, I'm home alone by myself and I don't feel anxious at all, because I know my anxiety is telling me a lie when it says I will faint or have a siezure and even if I do, there is nothing I can do to stop it, so it is pointless worrying about it. Hope this helps. Thinking of you xx

This made my day, thank you.

dale12345
06-11-16, 18:26

Thank you so much you are so sweet and caring, You are an awesome friend.