PDA

View Full Version : Finally asking for help/did meds help your physical symptoms?

chrisandhisbrain
06-11-16, 13:51
I've been taking lots of medications for physical symptoms (nausea, bowel issues, chest pains, panic attacks etc..) but the one thing I've not taken yet is any real anti anxiety/anti depressants.

After a trip to A+E at the weekend due to the worst panic attack ever, things need to change. Tuesday I am going to my GP and asking for proper help.

I was wondering if anyone has any success stories of anti anxiety/depression meds helping with physical symptoms? These are by far the most distressing thing for me.

Thanks

skymaid
06-11-16, 14:06
I was having panic attacks that felt like I was gonna die so I went to psychiatrist (privately) and was prescribed diazepam as needed (panic attacks) and pregabalin for more of a long term.

both of these works great on the physical/mental symptoms of anxiety/panic. although preg is more for lowering your anxiety so don't you get panicky and the physical symptoms are vastly reduced. diazelam is more for when you really feel like you can't cope.

a month later on the pregablin (took me a little while to dare to take it and at a proper dose) I feel vastly better and can almost get on with life.

this was alongside weekly therapy (cbt/mindfulness) so that probably played a role.