PDA

View Full Version : Always have been anxious

PanicMama
06-11-16, 14:23
Hello! I'm Lea, 35, and I have anxiety for as long as I can remember. I would get really upset as a child and vomit. My parents divorced when I was really young and I lived with my alcoholic father. Lots of turmoil, violence, and abuse.

I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and possibly OCD (I have some OCD tendencies).

I recently moved and am looking for a therapist. I go for long stretches where I am fairly controlled, followed by a significant relapse. I have two small children, which has made my anxiety worse.

Would love to talk to others like me to see what works or helps. My anxiety is sky high right now

SLA
06-11-16, 14:28
Hi Lea, great to see you here!

You have come to the right place!

Any idea what has triggered your anxiety to resurface lately?

venusbluejeans
06-11-16, 14:36
Hiya PanicMama and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

PanicMama
06-11-16, 16:14
Any idea what has triggered your anxiety to resurface lately?

Yes! We moved a year ago to a very rural area. I'm alone most of the time with my kids while my husband is at work. I have a few friends here, but really only see one of them regularly. I'm very isolated and alone with my thoughts.

Normally, when I'm getting bad, I can distract myself. Now I just spin out of control. Add in health anxiety and constantly sick kids....perfect storm.