PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosed Superficial Blood Clot in foot...... help!

zilly84
07-11-16, 06:25
I have had health anxiety for years. Mostly over my heart and the vascular system. I've also had palpitations for years but they have mostly gone away.

I was recently diagnosed with a superficial blood clot in my foot. Kind of in the arch. I believe I got it on Halloween from wearing boots that had a heel and wearing my large 5 month old baby on me all day and night. The next day I noticed my arch was a bit tender but I went on with my normal activities and didn't think anything of it. I was actually worrying about the other leg that I'd been having strange sensations in. The next morning I stretched my feet in bed and noticed my foot was still sore. So when I sat up I felt it and quickly felt and saw a bump! I immediately panicked. I made an appt for the next day and then googled. I thought it could be a vein or a fibroma. I tried not to worry. The next day at the doctor he right away said it was a superficial blood clot. He wasn't worried. He said it should be reabsorbed in 7-10 days and that it's not the type that causes problems. He felt my calves and I told him one is always bigger. Since that can be a sign of DVT they did an ultrasound on that leg. I actually wanted them to do both cause my other leg was the one bothering me before my foot problem. I was really losing it during the ultrasound. But after I talked to the doctor and he said it was fine. No DVT. He tried reassuring me more about the superficial clot. I asked if I could think of it like a bruise and he said yes. That like a bruise, my body will reabsorbed it. And to do my regular activities and just leave it alone. Also that my calf was bigger because of my scoliosis. Which is what I have thought for years too.

Okay well that's probably enough reassurance for someone without health anxiety. I did okay the day after for some reason. But today, the second day after diagnoses, I pretty much had a panic attack all day long. I almost went to the ER but I realized it was a panic attack and that I would sound ridiculous going there when I had already been seen by a doctor.

My foot actually hurts less already. I don't think it really hurts at all actually. There's no bruising. Just a bump on the vein. Can someone help me get past my irrational anxiety? Anyone else had a superficial blood clot before? I'm thinking of asking for blood work cause I had some weird things happen with my veins in my breasts while breastfeeding my older child. I thought I had mondors and was checked out then. At the time they said no, that the veins were just backing up. But then I did have an inflamed vein for a bit and it took a few weeks to go away. I don't know if that's related or just pure coincidence. Sorry I'm rambling. I'm pretty drained from the stress. I guess I'm just looking for more reassurance.

unicorndusy
14-01-18, 13:22
Hey I realise this post is over a year ago now, but I wondered how you got on? I currently have noticed a bump on my vein in my foot but it has a good pulse and so does my leg - so I’m hopeful it’s nothing serious. Hope it went down quickly for you :hugs:

Peace and love