PDA

View Full Version : Scared of fainting/heart worries

Shelly15
07-11-16, 12:02
I've had a phobia of fainting since I gave birth 6years ago, I lost a lot of blood and nearly fainted but had an emergency blood transfusion just in time (I have a rare blood type so I thought I was going to die if they didn't have my blood type) this lead to feeling lightheaded all the time and I feared going out incase I fainted. I've had CBT didn't work then 3years ago my younger brother suddenly passed away as he had a heart problem so that made me even worse I got so anxious that there was something wrong with my heart which made my anxiety worse I was so depressed! I didn't leave my house for about 2years unless I had to.

Then about a year ago I started to feel like myself again I would go out without giving it a second thought managed to get a job, I still had the odd panic attack but I could control it, I felt like I wasn't being controlled by this stupid anxiety.

Then 5 months ago I got tonsillitis and was on antibiotics then it started again I was getting dizzy spells whilst working, I felt like I just wanted to run from the situation I was in, I had to quit my job I couldn't deal with it I would cry on the phone to my partner walking to work, I didn't want to go in and deal with it.

A couple of months ago on a hot day I was walking up the stairs and I fainted and since then I feel like I can't breath and I'm just about to take my last breath I feel like I'm back to where I was a couple of years ago I fear going out again I hate being around people. I hate the summer as I feel like I can't breath even more and I sweat so much where I'm panicking. Sometimes I'm getting out the bath and I faint, I had the sickness bug and couldn't get up and I fainted, I have to get my child from school and when I'm walking I feel drunk I'm so off balance my chest feels so tight I can't breath I'm so weak and lightheaded, I hate it! If I eat out after I've eaten the food I feel so faint but this rarely happens at home when I eat. I've been to the doctors who done blood tests for iron and thyroid they came back fine and are putting it down to stress and anxiety I feel like I just get palmed off with that answer every time, I don't feel like I'm being listened to at all! I fear there is something wrong with my heart I'm always on edge, I'm only 27 I just want to feel normal take my child on days out and go shopping but I physically can't!

elodrumm
07-11-16, 15:35
Hi Shelly

I suffer from very similar problems to you ( dizzy & lightheaded a lot) and I was just wondering have you had your blood pressure taken recently?

It sounds like you might have low bp, I don't think there's anything you can take for it but I find if I make sure to eat small snacks regularly and drink a LOT of water it makes me feel a lot better.

I know exactly how you feel though it is a horrible sensation to have to live with but I know for me when I panic and get anxious and dwell on it, it definitely makes it worse xx

Shelly15
07-11-16, 19:57
I haven't had my blood pressure done for a couple of years because every time I get it checked it's always high as I'm so scared, but I feel like the doctors don't listen to me and just see on my records that I suffer anxiety and just put everything down to that. When I went to the doctors a month ago I said I feel like I can't breath and I feel faint and they never did my blood pressure. thank you for your advice

elodrumm
08-11-16, 14:12
Shelly, I know how frustrating it is for people to constantly tell you that you are 'just' anxious when these sensations are very real and scary. I went through a few months last year when I obsessed about my heart rate and then I got an ear infection and started worrying about my ear and forgot about my heart!!:D

You say you have been to the doctor quite a bit so I am sure they would have picked up a problem with your heart, especially if there is a family history there.

I also feel short of breath quite a bit and I know for me this is definitely anxiety as when I am distracted I tend to forget about it!

I know I am not much help as I am in the exact same boat as you at the moment, so dont really have any answers but I just want you to know you are not alone and you can PM me anytime you feel down. It can be very stressful dealing with this daily x

Shelly15
09-11-16, 12:01
It's very frustrating when no one understands, if I didn't have these physical symptoms I wouldn't feel so anxious. The past couple of days I've been obsessed with my heart rate I'm constantly feeling my pulse, I woke up in the night with a pounding tooth ache and thought that would take my mind off my heart worries but it hasent, I had to take my child to school this morning and thought I was going to collapse any second that I just came home and cried my eyes out, had a bath to try to relax then had a panic attack in the bath. It's never ending these thoughts that are running though my head.

I've had ecgs on my heart loads of times and it was normal just a fast heart rate where I was scared. Do you feel short of breath all the time? I get so anxious that I struggle to breath and feel like I'm just about to take my last breath and start sweating and shaking I'm a nervous wreck when I have to do the school run.

It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one going through this but I wish I got more help and more people understood. Thank you for replying. I wish we didn't feel like this every day x