PDA

View Full Version : I think this is real!

duke27
07-11-16, 13:14
Hi everyone,

I posted a little while ago about feeling awful following giving birth 8 months ago and it just seems to be getting worse. I'm feeling so alone because the doctors just don't seem interested. I feel like this is seriously affecting my life now ans don't know what to do anymore.

My symptoms:
Constant dizzy unsteady feeling with spells or dizziness where I almost faint
always feel itchy inside and out
constant severe fatigue with itchy eyes and dry sticky mouth
funny feeling when eating like I can't swallow anything
Sensitive to heat and cold
react strangely and dizzy to wjen I need a wee or number 2 and also when Im too hot or cold
dry skin
look extremely tired and pale
constant fear of something awful
lump behind my ear on mastoid bone which isnt tender and almost attached to the bone

I had blood tests at 3 months postpartum which were fine. Doctors have refused to do anymore ans now say it's just fatigue from looking after baby. I just want to kmow what's wrong ans feel better so I can enjoy my baby! 😟

The lump behind my ear has been checked she just said oh it's a cyst that's it. So fed up now and want to feel better 😟

KeeKee
07-11-16, 13:28
I'm sorry you are still feeling this way Duke. Unfortunately anxiety, stress and even looking after a baby can cause all these hideous symptoms. Have you not even be offered any help for what you are going through? I went to the doctors teary when my daughter was 8 months and was offered antidepressants and immediately referred to early year mental health. This was 9 years ago now and times have changed but to be offered nothing is just not on in my opinion. I don't believe you have a physical illness, the GP would know what to look out for etc, but mental health issues can cause physical symptoms and there are ways to help this such as therapy etc.

duke27
07-11-16, 13:50
I started seeing a private therapist but I'm having symptoms such as full body twitching. My head twitches and jerks and my whole body feels funny. I just constantly feel like crying I feel like this is the end for me I have no help, no support, they are being useless and offering nothing to me. I'm even having to pay for my own councelling 50 pounds a go because they won't refer me. I am so down and depressed because of these feelings and fears. My baby is what's keeping me going. All my energy is used on him and rightly so. Thanks for your reply. X

worrywart29
22-11-16, 02:38
Your symptoms sound exactly like mines when I was prescribed the antibiotic cipro. In fact that's what started my anxiety spiral. By any chance was you given cipro while in the hospital?