PDA

View Full Version : Womb cancer fear??

pink
07-11-16, 13:43
Hi everyone,am hoping someone may be able to help,am so scared:scared15:. For a long while my periods have been very irregular and blood tests for the past few years have some high(ish) fsh. One GP thought it may be start of menopause but another thought at 41 I was too young and referred my to gynaecologist at hospital. They did a blood test which again showed high fsh and a ultrasound which showed a small fibroid and a thickened womb lining.
Have been this morning and when she told me all this she then said I needed a biopsy done today of the womb lining because they couldn't be 100% sure it wasn't something bad!!!!?? I've got to wait 3 weeks for the results and that they are over booking to fit me in!? Please please can anyone help,I'm really trying but this is scaring me to bits and have been sobbing on and off all morning. Is this cancer? Just I've always though they only do biopsies if they really think it is?
Would be so very grateful if anyone might be able to help,I'm trying to be strong because my mums poorly but I just feel so overwhelmed, thankyou so so much xxxx

Scaredlady
07-11-16, 13:55
Hi.

A biopsy is the only way to determine whether a mass/tissue is benign or malignant, checking for abnormal cells - It has to be examined under a microscope to clarify if it is cancer.... It is a precautionary means really to make sure the doctors get the right diagnosis.

It could be one of many conditions and not necessarily cancer; I know you must feel dreadful and overcome with worry but please do try to redirect your focus onto something else and remember at this very point you have no reason to be scared, you can't predict the future.

You will be OK, keep believing that.

NoraB
07-11-16, 14:16
Hi everyone,am hoping someone may be able to help,am so scared:scared15:. For a long while my periods have been very irregular and blood tests for the past few years have some high(ish) fsh. One GP thought it may be start of menopause but another thought at 41 I was too young and referred my to gynaecologist at hospital. They did a blood test which again showed high fsh and a ultrasound which showed a small fibroid and a thickened womb lining.

Hi Pink,

41 is young for the menopause but I was 39 when I started. In my case, it's genetic as my mum was also that age.

Three years ago, I had some spotting and as I was postmenopausal at that point, I was fast tracked for a scan. The scan showed I have thickening of the womb lining and the polyp that I've had for years. Because the thickness was over so many cms (or mms - can't remember) I had to have a hysteroscopy done there and then. This was a couple of weeks before Christmas and I was very worried as I waited for my results. I got them on Christmas Eve. The biopsy was all clear!

I was convinced I had cancer and I am fine.

Try not to panic. X

pink
10-11-16, 17:32
Hey
Just wanted to say thankyou both for the replies,so sorry taken me a bit but my mums not well either,so been really stressed. Am panicking again really bad as just got letter for appointment for results and it says to bring someone with me and it's sooner than when they said?? They said appointment would be 3 weeks but they've made it for 2 weeks!? I know I should be glad but just so very scared it means they've found something?? I've never had a letter telling me to take someone with me,please please can anyone help?
Thankyou so very much in advance xxxx