PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations

linjane
17-10-04, 17:33
Could anyone out there let me know if they get palpitations and fluttering sensations in their chests. I never get any pain - thankfully - and could somehow cope with the panic attacks but the palpitations just magnify everything. Sometimes I wake up in the morning feeling shaky and get them throughout the day, like i am scared all the time, but i'm not. Usually, they do go away, but I hate them. PLEASE HELLLLLPPPP!!!!!

Karen
17-10-04, 18:27
Hi Linjane

Yes, I get palpitations. It is a common symptom of anxiety/panic and nothing to worry about.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
17-10-04, 18:29
Hi Lin,

[Sigh...]sorry I'v put my reply in introduce yourself
post.

LOVE JILLXX

seh1980
17-10-04, 21:46
hi Linjane,

Like Briary says, they're just another symptom of anxiety - you have nothing to worry about!!

Sarah :D

tara
18-10-04, 08:11
Hi, what a horrible way to wake up isn't it!! It's very common to feel shaky in the mornings, i used to get it too. I found that taking more time to get up and get out of bed helped me loads, I would open my eyes and take time to use some breathing techniques, nice deep breaths and this would take my mind off things, also focusing on what you have to do in the day ahead would distract my thoughts, take it nice and slow and give yourself time to practice this. Also i used the breathing techniques throughtout the day aswell, putting my hand on my tummy and making sure that my breaths were reaching my tumming is another good way to get rid of the palpatations (i used to do this while sitting on the bus!) Take time to learn some relaxation and i'm sure it will benifit you, hope this helps Tara xx

tt
22-10-04, 13:15
Perfectly normal for Anxiety suffers. I have been down that road and even still sometimes get them but they don't last now that I don't pay attention to them or watch for them to come on. The key is to ignore them but that is easier said than done. Next time you have them take a few deep breaths and they will subside. I can now actually control mine this way after a few flutters.