PDA

View Full Version : Thank you everyone

dizzy daisy
07-11-16, 21:18
Hi all
Just wanted to say thanks to each and everyone of you for all your support the last year. Im happy to report I'm doing OK right now.
You've all been a tower of strength for me at times and have definitely contributed to my recovery.
Xxxx

skymaid
14-11-16, 13:52
sorry no one replied but well done. I'm happy you're doing so well. good stuff :)

almamatters
14-11-16, 18:34
Glad you are doing well! Really pleased to hear it. :)

Fishmanpa
14-11-16, 18:53
Great to hear! :yesyes: Hopefully it will be encouraging and inspiring to others in the process of fighting and healing from their anxiety.

What did you do to recover?

Positive thoughts

swajj
15-11-16, 08:32
I don't recall your id (haven't been around for a while) but congrats on your improvement. I am similar to you in that I have found this place helpful at different times. I know I'm better when I stop coming here. lol And that leads me to wonder why I am back. HA is very sneaky. I hope i'm just back for old times sake. :unsure:

dizzy daisy
15-11-16, 20:18
Yes that's me to. I just pooped back to say I'm doing ok now as I know it had helped me to see similar posts when I was struggling through.
I'd had a bad bout previously but had been OK for the last 12 years really when all of a sudden it hit again. I can see now it was actually due to a number of events in my life which had obviously just overloaded me. What made it worse was I'd forgotten how horrible the symptoms are to cope with and fell into that trap of searching for a physical cause.
What helped me lots is mindfulness. Honestly stick at it and believe and you will get results. Not overnight but over weeks , months even of hard work you will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. People believe that mindfulness if complicated and that you have to set aside time specifically for it but it's not true, it's easy and it's just part of everyday living. I personally found mindfulness by Steve Hagen very useful. Just one chapter per day. Think about it and then put it down until the next day.
I still pop on to browse now and then just to see how everyone's doing really.
Thanks again everyone for all your patience and time in sharing experiences with me xx

Traceypo
15-11-16, 22:32
So pleased for you, I'm also recovered and agree with all you say. Once I realised there was no magic wand and I had to put the effort in everything clicked into place. I now feel emotions that I'd long forgotten or suppressed.
Xxx

dale12345
15-11-16, 23:39
So happy for you!!

dizzy daisy
16-11-16, 12:27
Thank you everyone. Well done to you to Tracey!! It's a hard slog but there is no substitute for it. It's not easy, but it will become easier in time.

By the way the book is actually called meditation by Steve Hagen but it's essentially mindfulness. Of course it won't suit everyone but it really helped me xx