PDA

View Full Version : Worried about mouth sore

Imrightbehindu
07-11-16, 21:42
I have had a white patch near the back of my throat on my cheek for about 5 days now. It isn't painful and it looks like its partially peeling off. It is pretty thin, about the thickness of a layer of skin. I made the mistake of asking an online health page and the response was to get it checked out if it doesn't go away within two weeks. Which of course made me worried that I have mouth cancer. You know, what if it turns out to be mouth cancer. It is just one worry after the other. I was worrying about my mouth, then my lymph nodes, then my thyroid, then my lymph nodes again, and now that I'm becoming a little less worried about them, I have this sore in my mouth. It has been almost a week too that I have had a lymph that is a bit swollen near my ear. The doctor said to check back in 3 weeks if it isn't gone, as I have a virus or something as of late, but I can't stand not knowing if these things will persist for this amount of time. It is doing my head in.

FlightlessFlamingo
07-11-16, 21:47
I've done similar research regarding my mouth and I'm sure I read somewhere that oral cancer doesn't peel and can't be scraped off? I think that's what reassured me about a white bit on my tongue.