PDA

View Full Version : Good morning, advice needed please

Elaynah
08-11-16, 09:54
Hi everyone

I have joined this forum to get some advice please.
My partner of two years, (although I have known him much longer), struggles so much with anxiety and is now in a deep depression, it's so painful to watch and I just want to help him.
He is now being seen by a psychiatrist and the local crisis team, he is adamant that he doesn't want anti-depressants but that diazepam helps him.
The problem is nobody will prescribe, so he is now looking at either buying on the street, which of course I don't want him to do, or, he's going to buy online.

These are just the headlines of a very complex tale, but I don't wish to be a bore and it's the starting point of where we are right now.
Any advice would be very much appreciated. x

venusbluejeans
08-11-16, 10:01
Hiya Elaynah and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
08-11-16, 10:19
Hi Elaynah,

Any idea why he doesn't want anti-depressants? Because of the stigma?

It is far worse having a dependancy on Diazepam/Valium, and I think that isn't helping him at all.

Ultimately, being addicted to valium is a far worse problem, and will ultimately cause FAR WORSE anxiety in the long-run.

There is a good reason why they are not prescribing it to him!!

I read this article a while ago, and it made me realise how distructive it can be.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/valium-can-be-harder-to-withdraw-from-than-heroin

If he wants to get better, rather than sort-term relief, then he really needs to consider coming off the drugs hes on.

Betsy9
11-11-16, 21:30
If I were you I would try to engage in some healthy activity whit him. Like going for walks or eating healthy. That could help.

robias
11-11-16, 21:59
Hi Elaynah,

I was adamant myself that I didnt want to take AD's and suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for 8 years until a flurry of really bad attacks over a couple of months which made me go to my GP. Ive been on AD's (citalopram) now for nearly 2 months and despite my deep desire to not have to be on them they are starting to really help. Do you know why he doesn't want to take them so much?