PDA

View Full Version : Small bump on roof of mouth

BrokenGirl
08-11-16, 10:54
I noticed I had a small bump on the roof of my mouth, near the back, about a week ago. I tried to keep calm about it, and after a few days I was fairly convinced it was smaller, so I was happy enough it was going away. Until last night, I can feel it again. And if I press my tongue against it (not too hard) I can feel a little pain in that general area. I'm starting to go into a downward spiral about it. Every day there seems to be something new and it's driving me crazy. I don't know what's HA any more or what I should be genuinely concerned about.:weep:
Any thoughts or advice anyone? I'm so withered from worrying all the time. I can't go on living like this for much longer!!

kerryann
08-11-16, 11:25
i am not a Doctor, but everyone gets these lumps/bumps from time to time as you start to fixate you will imagine all kinds of scenarios but the reality is , its a lump that will ultimately go away and when it does you will think why was I concerned about that. Relaxation videos on you tube are great for calming you down ,try them they really help.

KA

HarrietVanger
08-11-16, 13:36
Going through something quite similar. Try not to press your tongue against it, it might make it worse/bigger. Happened to me and then of course I got even more concerned...not smart.

BrokenGirl
08-11-16, 14:43
Thanks for the replies.
What's worrying me about this is that I thought it was going away and now it's back again.
Sometimes I just wish I knew how a "normal" person would feel and react to the symptoms I have. Am I justified being worried or am I overreacting?
I just can't tell anymore, my mind feels so messed up :weep:

HarrietVanger
08-11-16, 15:00
No one knows they're 100% okay 100% of the time, it's just not possible. We have to try to be comfortable not knowing for sure. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel right now but try and focus on coping with your anxiety instead of obsessing over every little change your body goes through. Most of those changes are meaningless.

It's tough but you are tougher!