PDA

View Full Version : dreams freaking me out

helenhoo
08-11-16, 12:50
Im not educated enough to know hoe dreams work but i assume its information from the day/fears/thoughts.

I have had dreams of;
Me telling someone i have a brain tumor
Someone telling me someone has an operable anerysm (i read an article about Bruce Forsyth had similar thing and had a dream that i had a visual hallucination - was initmate with my partner in dream and had spider i couldnt push off omy face. I woke up scared this was real but i know it wasnt as it was day time in my dream but dark and night in dream.

I *KNOW* they're dreams but i worry they are foreshadowing

Gary A
08-11-16, 13:37
All you think about is potential health problems, isn't it logical to assume that those thoughts might intrude in your subconscious?

You really need to give yourself a break.

NoraB
08-11-16, 14:34
Yep, basically if your thoughts are fearful throughout the day then you are going to have anxiety dreams. I've had some doozies over the last two years..decapitated animals and me teeth falling out into my hand...lots of running, falling and people bollocking me, my dead mother for one.:scared15:

When you catch yourself thinking fearful thoughts try and think of something nice. Also bear in mind that if you are dwelling on the news, watching thrillers, horrors etc, that will also affect your dreams as your brain is trying to process all the info from your day.

They are just dreams. They don't mean anything.

SLA
08-11-16, 14:38
Just be glad you weren't intimate with Bruce Forsyth.

*end of thread*

NoraB
08-11-16, 14:42

:ohmy:

lior
08-11-16, 15:02
Dreams are your subconscious trying to make sense of your problems.

You know that saying 'sleep on it' to make a decision? That's because sleep helps you figure things out that your awake mind doesn't consider.

1. A lot of the time, dreams can just be repeats of random stuff that you've experienced through the day.
2. Sometimes, people dream things which are code for other things, and you can look up online what your dreams mean (e.g. teeth falling out means you're worried about losing friends).
3. Other times, your dreams are your 'rehearsals' for situations you think you're going to be in (e.g. waking up late to go to an exam dream is your subconscious telling you to make sure you wake up on time for that exam!)

Nora B and Gary A have got it right about your dreams though. What's on your mind during the day will come out in your sleep too. Sometimes it can be in a problem-solving sort of way though. Is there anything about your dream that was helpful to you?

NoraB
08-11-16, 15:06
2. Sometimes, people dream things which are code for other things, and you can look up online what your dreams mean (e.g. teeth falling out means you're worried about losing friends)

I think in my case it's because I'm always thinking about needing false clackers.:scared15:

helenhoo
08-11-16, 15:17
Well in personal life i've been struggling to adapt to new surroundings and been bickering with my chap (not because of HA)

See, now you've said dreams are rehearsals i now worry i will get anerysm/tumor/schiz. The aneurysm dream was someone telling me about someone else, the schiz was the hallucination of a spider on my face during sex. What does that mean lol?

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:16 ----------

But i also woke up annoyed because someone in my dreamhad never heard of the musical Wicked haha...

KeeKee
08-11-16, 16:31
I had a dream before waking this morning that I had 4 Pixie Bob kittens! (We have a 6 year old Pixie Bob male) They were soooo cute and were running around acting crazy, playing with our boy and jumping all over me ~lol~ I even remember the way they felt when I was holding them!

It had nothing to do with the issues I'm dealing with. I wonder what my subconscious was trying to tell me? :D

Positive thoughts and Pixie Bobs!

I once had a dream about the TV character Frasier (I won't go into details). I hope to God it wasn't my subconscious trying to tell me something :roflmao:

lior
08-11-16, 16:48
I had a dream before waking this morning that I had 4 Pixie Bob kittens! (We have a 6 year old Pixie Bob male) They were soooo cute and were running around acting crazy, playing with our boy and jumping all over me ~lol~ I even remember the way they felt when I was holding them!

It had nothing to do with the issues I'm dealing with. I wonder what my subconscious was trying to tell me? :D

Positive thoughts and Pixie Bobs!

Maybe your subconscious is giving you a break :)

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Well in personal life i've been struggling to adapt to new surroundings and been bickering with my chap (not because of HA)

See, now you've said dreams are rehearsals i now worry i will get anerysm/tumor/schiz. The aneurysm dream was someone telling me about someone else, the schiz was the hallucination of a spider on my face during sex. What does that mean lol?

They're rehearsals for what you THINK might happen - not what will actually happen. We don't have the power of telling the future very accurately as humans.

Because of changing doses on citalopram, recently I see something moving out of the corner of my eye, but it's nothing really. I've also felt things crawling on me very occasionally because of depression/anx/cit. Nothing is really there. It was scary the first couple of times, but now I know it's just my mind playing tricks on me - I reassure myself and it doesn't bother me any more.

One for you to consider - my therapist said that spiders represent mothers. Freud would probably interpret that as your mum being metaphorically on your face during sex!! Haha! Maybe it would mean something like you feel you can't escape your mum, or she's judging you, or something. Or it could be totally irrelevant.

brucealmighty
08-11-16, 17:30
another possibility is you`ve gone slightly cross-eyed during your act of intimacy so your boyfriend appeared to have 8 limbs:D

has he also started catching bluebottles and hiding under the sofa?

seriously for once I`ve had some astonishing dreams over the years including the patterned wallpaper coming to life, rolling / tumbling shapes in the periphery of my vision, growling noises, lucid dreams where you`re not quite awake or asleep, you name it. I`m no expert at all but most times it`s your mind trying to make sense of the day you`ve had. I remember being told that if you dream of loose teeth or flying but not able to stay up then you lack confidence over something.

you`ve been on a huge trip and lifestyle change so I wouldn`t over analyse it all for a while just let it all settle down.

and keep a rolled up newspaper by the bed in case your boyfriend turns out to be a mammal / tarantula hybrid!

brucealmighty
08-11-16, 18:55
bad times. I once had far too much Stella and dreamt I was making love to a rather greasy nun....until I woke in the penguin enclosure at the zoo��

MyNameIsTerry
08-11-16, 22:52

*end of thread*

'Nice to feel you, to feel you...' :D

Reb, I really wouldn't spend time analysing dreams with your issues with thoughts & symptom, you will just open a can of worms and it will all be irrational stuff.

When anxious, dreams can be more vivid. We also often wake with anxiety symptoms. The two end up combining. It's just anxiety, you've had weird dreams all your life, all people do, if you chase for meaning you need to be on top of your anxiety & negative thinking styles. You are not at that stage yet.

Josh1234
09-11-16, 01:31
Are you on medication? If not, I've literally never seen a better candidate. Your anxiety is so out of control, not sure I've come across anything like it on any forum.

MyNameIsTerry
09-11-16, 03:05
Are you on medication? If not, I've literally never seen a better candidate. Your anxiety is so out of control, not sure I've come across anything like it on any forum.

Then you've lived a sheltered life.

Still trolling, eh? :doh:

NancyW
09-11-16, 04:00
08-11-16, 12:35
Fishmanpa
This message has been deleted by Fishmanpa. Reason: Don't feed the hoo

Oh... lol !!!

MyNameIsTerry
09-11-16, 05:02
08-11-16, 12:35
Fishmanpa
This message has been deleted by Fishmanpa. Reason: Don't feed the hoo

Oh... lol !!!

Haven't Admin repeatedly told forum members to stop calling her a troll? :doh:

For just one moment, imagine she is real. Now think about laughing at her. What does that say about you?

Anxiety sufferers dislike it when non sufferers laugh at their anxiety. Isn't that hypocritical?

And for the record, I'm not suggesting she isn't.

---------- Post added at 05:02 ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 ----------

Yep, that's twice now you've logged on solely for to take a pop.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1604651#post1604651

What do you derive from this?

Josh1234
09-11-16, 21:01
Then you've lived a sheltered life.

Still trolling, eh? :doh:

still offering counterproductive reassurance to someone who refuses to help herself?

And I haven't lived a sheltered life, I said on a forum.

But by all means, keep giving the dog a treat every time it pee's on the carpet - surely it will stop doing it one day!

brucealmighty
09-11-16, 21:54
`In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.`

Playing devils advocate here Terry I don`t see how you can chastise people for calling helen a troll , then openly call josh one in the next breath?

from the wiki definition above helen/reb has certainly caused some emotional responses and multiple page threads. whether its all for her own amusement or a genuine mental issue that causes her habits no one on here can be sure of.

but I do agree with josh on this that constantly affirming helens ways aren`t helping her, any more than open abuse would.

MyNameIsTerry
09-11-16, 23:46
still offering counterproductive reassurance to someone who refuses to help herself?

And I haven't lived a sheltered life, I said on a forum.

But by all means, keep giving the dog a treat every time it pee's on the carpet - surely it will stop doing it one day!

You have. Above this thread alone the is someone who this forum said was just the same.

You do realise we have people on here who have had multiple hospital stays under sectioning, haven't worked for years, can't leave there homes, etc. And yet you think someone able to do all that and travel to work at the other side of the planet is the most severe case you have seen?

But then I don't think you purpose is to help anyway, your history says otherwise.

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

`In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.`

Playing devils advocate here Terry I don`t see how you can chastise people for calling helen a troll , then openly call josh one in the next breath?

from the wiki definition above helen/reb has certainly caused some emotional responses and multiple page threads. whether its all for her own amusement or a genuine mental issue that causes her habits no one on here can be sure of.

but I do agree with josh on this that constantly affirming helens ways aren`t helping her, any more than open abuse would.

Read the post history, Bruce. Or ask Admin about having to stop his deliberately inflammatory posts.

Do you believe it acceptable to log on to call someone a troll, despite being repeatedly told not to, acceptable behaviour?

Look further, don't jump to conclusions.

brucealmighty
10-11-16, 12:08
don`t tell me what to do terry. I`ll respond to posts fairly and kindly as best as I can without you demanding I carry out forensic levels of investigation first. I don`t have OCD so I don`t feel the need to be right all the time unlike yourself.
I come on here to help others not to lay down the law so don`t bother going down that road with me

I agree with what josh has said in this instance, end of. tomorrow I may disagree and I`ll politely say so if that is the case.

I`ll obey forum rules and listen to admin if they have a problem with my posts, not you.

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-16, 12:59
don`t tell me what to do terry. I`ll respond to posts fairly and kindly as best as I can without you demanding I carry out forensic levels of investigation first. I don`t have OCD so I don`t feel the need to be right all the time unlike yourself.
I come on here to help others not to lay down the law so don`t bother going down that road with me

I agree with what josh has said in this instance, end of. tomorrow I may disagree and I`ll politely say so if that is the case.

I`ll obey forum rules and listen to admin if they have a problem with my posts, not you.

OCD is about about feeling the need to always be right? I wish it was, it wouldn't have been half the he'll it has been. Be careful with your ignorant judgemental attitude.

I wasn't telling you what to do, I was telling you to establish the facts. You paste in a description of a troll and use it to fit your own ends and anything that falls outside of that agenda conveniently left.

If you had been bothered to establish the facts, you would have seen that Josh bumped a dead thread just to call a member a troll. No other forum activity that day. If you had been bothered to establish the facts you might have found reference to the other forum be occupies that she is also on so why feel the need to come here just to take a pop and go again?

And if you had read the posts properly you would have seen that Josh was accusing me of enabling her through reassurance, it wasn't a general point of debate, and yet where am I in this thread before this? I can see you in the thread before but I won't be accusing you of enabling her.

I agree with you about reassurance, I've made the point in many threads for years. But you jumped to agree with Josh over a personal slight against me. Given your rant I now wonder whether you already understood that and it was a case of opportunity for you?

Oh, and exactly how many times will it take Admin to tell you? I'm not telling you, I'm reminding you that our Admin have repeatedly told US all, something they must be getting frustrated with since some people refuse to listen.

Gary A
10-11-16, 13:01
Do you believe it acceptable to log on to call someone a troll, despite being repeatedly told not to, acceptable behaviour?

Genuine question, but why do you never ask those questions of the OP? How many times has she been told by admin to stop posting about her physical symptoms? Yet she simply keeps doing it.

If someone is a troll because they're disobeying instructions from admin, how can you chastise one without the other? You constantly stand up for the OP, which of course is your right, but I don't know how you can hold both of these positions at the same time.

How can you directly accuse someone of trolling in the same post that you're criticising him for...erm, directly accusing someone of trolling?

You think Josh is a troll because of his post history. Well people think the OP is a troll because of the post history also. Why does your accusation hold so much more weight? I think that's at best selective and at worst absolutely hypocritical.

Elen
10-11-16, 13:09
ENOUGH if you really must pick each other to shreds please do it elsewhere

helenhoo
10-11-16, 13:20
'How many times has she been told by admin to stop posting about her physical symptoms? Yet she simply keeps doing '

Um, is that the point of this forum?

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-16, 13:24
Genuine question, but why do you never ask those questions of the OP? How many times has she been told by admin to stop posting about her physical symptoms? Yet she simply keeps doing it.

If someone is a troll because they're disobeying instructions from admin, how can you chastise one without the other? You constantly stand up for the OP, which of course is your right, but I don't know how you can hold both of these positions at the same time.

How can you directly accuse someone of trolling in the same post that you're criticising him for...erm, directly accusing someone of trolling?

You think Josh is a troll because of his post history. Well people think the OP is a troll because of the post history also. Why does your accusation hold so much more weight? I think that's at best selective and at worst absolutely hypocritical.

FACTS:

Admin HAVE told Josh to stop posting inflammatory posts against her.
Admin HAVE NOT told Reb to stop posting about her anxiety.

And you call me selective?

To answer your initial question, a don't believe Reb is a troll and many of the arguments presented could be used against other members of this forum too e.g. too irrational to be really anxiety. I do regard someone coming onto a forum to resurrect a dead thread just to call someone they have repeatedly shown their disdain for by calling a troll, a troll.

Is that so hard to understand? I'm struggling to make this any clearer at this point.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

ENOUGH if you really must pick each other to shreds please do it elsewhere

I'm sorry for my part Elen. It shouldn't be like this on here.

Gary A
10-11-16, 13:24
'How many times has she been told by admin to stop posting about her physical symptoms? Yet she simply keeps doing '

I meant you specifically, you've been told this because posting about your physical symptoms was clearly just adding to your problem.

NancyW
10-11-16, 13:26

How do you feel about the frustration you cause on this forum?

Is THAT the point of this forum?

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-16, 13:29
I meant you specifically, you've been told this because posting about your physical symptoms was clearly just adding to your problem.

But that's not a breach of forum rules. Admin may say that because it's in the best interests of someone's health and you have just used that to compare to a rule breach due to poor conduct. They are not comparable. I don't believe Admin would take action against someone, such as a ban, in that circumstance but they would, and do, for breaches of the t&c's.

Surely you can see the difference?

helenhoo
10-11-16, 13:31
I was reading the posts with the lthompson kid and the responsr was very similar to the abuse i recieve. Unlike him/her i dont interject because only doing so frustrates me. I don't see how my anxiety annoys you all? Im not as bizzare as a 'stubbed my toe now it aches is it cancer' as iam portrayed to be.

Gary A
10-11-16, 13:33
FACTS:

Admin HAVE told Josh to stop posting inflammatory posts against her.
Admin HAVE NOT told Reb to stop posting about her anxiety.

And you call me selective?

To answer your initial question, a don't believe Reb is a troll and many of the arguments presented could be used against other members of this forum too e.g. too irrational to be really anxiety. I do regard someone coming onto a forum to resurrect a dead thread just to call someone they have repeatedly shown their disdain for by calling a troll, a troll.

Is that so hard to understand? I'm struggling to make this any clearer at this point.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

I'm sorry for my part Elen. It shouldn't be like this on here.

What's a FACT is that you've not read my post properly. I said she had been told by admin to stop posting about her physical symptoms, not her anxiety. She has continued to do so.

It's also a FACT that you never called her on this, yet you spend a good deal of time calling out people who do call her a troll.

It's also a FACT that you've accused someone of trolling based on their post history, while seemingly ignoring the other FACT that people accuse the OP of trolling because of her post history.

You think your reason for calling someone a troll is so much more, what, important and reasoned out than anyone else's?

Perhaps you could try a little harder to make it clearer, because at this point I'm seeing someone who is calling out a member of an anxiety forum and accusing them of trolling. You have quite a history of condemning that type of thing, wouldn't you say?

brucealmighty
10-11-16, 13:39
OCD is about about feeling the need to always be right? I wish it was, it wouldn't have been half the he'll it has been. Be careful with your ignorant judgemental attitude.

I wasn't telling you what to do, I was telling you to establish the facts. You paste in a description of a troll and use it to fit your own ends and anything that falls outside of that agenda conveniently left.

If you had been bothered to establish the facts, you would have seen that Josh bumped a dead thread just to call a member a troll. No other forum activity that day. If you had been bothered to establish the facts you might have found reference to the other forum be occupies that she is also on so why feel the need to come here just to take a pop and go again?

And if you had read the posts properly you would have seen that Josh was accusing me of enabling her through reassurance, it wasn't a general point of debate, and yet where am I in this thread before this? I can see you in the thread before but I won't be accusing you of enabling her.

I agree with you about reassurance, I've made the point in many threads for years. But you jumped to agree with Josh over a personal slight against me. Given your rant I now wonder whether you already understood that and it was a case of opportunity for you?

Oh, and exactly how many times will it take Admin to tell you? I'm not telling you, I'm reminding you that our Admin have repeatedly told US all, something they must be getting frustrated with since some people refuse to listen.

does your OCD induce paranoia then? genuine question. you wonder if it was an opportunity for me? and where was I ranting exactly? you`re the one that uses BIG TEXT every chance you get to LET PEOPLE KNOW YOU`RE SHOUTING AT THEM

have a good look at your posting style Terry then tell me you`re not completely biased towards helen because she approximately fits your OCD diagnosis.

she`s not a troll, but josh is. I have to be told how to behave but helen must not be criticised.

sorry but I doubt very much if you act like this in real life towards people. anyone can be brave and use BLOODY BIG LETTERS from behind a keyboard.

no need whatsoever for your bullying terry, it really needs to stop.

Admin, if I`ve done something wrong here or broken forum rules please let me know. I come on to try and help people or politely offer opinions and experience, not to be attacked by certain people.

Elen
10-11-16, 13:40
What part of enough is not being understood here.

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-16, 13:44
What's a FACT is that you've not read my post properly. I said she had been told by admin to stop posting about her physical symptoms, not her anxiety. She has continued to do so.

It's also a FACT that you never called her on this, yet you spend a good deal of time calling out people who do call her a troll.

It's also a FACT that you've accused someone of trolling based on their post history, while seemingly ignoring the other FACT that people accuse the OP of trolling because of her post history.

You think your reason for calling someone a troll is so much more, what, important and reasoned out than anyone else's?

Perhaps you could try a little harder to make it clearer, because at this point I'm seeing someone who is calling out a member of an anxiety forum and accusing them of trolling. You have quite a history of condemning that type of thing, wouldn't you say?

Here we are again, eh Gary? You looking for that same argument as before, something which obviously goes beyond the situation with Reb.

At this point I shall leave it as I know you're baiting. I have interest in whatever problem you have with me around here, it's hardly news to me anyway. :winks:I shall leave you to have a little rant about this last post.

Why do I feel I'm not on a mental health support forum sometimes? I've never witnessed any of this in face-to-face support groups, much less seen people laugh at others. (That's not addressed to you Gary)

---------- Post added at 13:44 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

does your OCD induce paranoia then? genuine question. you wonder if it was an opportunity for me? and where was I ranting exactly? you`re the one that uses BIG TEXT every chance you get to LET PEOPLE KNOW YOU`RE SHOUTING AT THEM

have a good look at your posting style Terry then tell me you`re not completely biased towards helen because she approximately fits your OCD diagnosis.

she`s not a troll, but josh is. I have to be told how to behave but helen must not be criticised.

sorry but I doubt very much if you act like this in real life towards people. anyone can be brave and use BLOODY BIG LETTERS from behind a keyboard.

no need whatsoever for your bullying terry, it really needs to stop.

Admin, if I`ve done something wrong here or broken forum rules please let me know. I come on to try and help people or politely offer opinions and experience, not to be attacked by certain people.

I haven't bullied you, Bruce. I never attacked you either. If you do not like me, that's your right. I won't address your accusations further, it's pointless and Admin are asking it to stop anyway so I'm out. :yesyes:

But please don't make further comments about my mental health.

Gary A
10-11-16, 13:45
Here we are again, eh Gary? You looking for that same argument as before, something which obviously goes beyond the situation with Reb.

At this point I shall leave it as I know you're baiting. I have interest in whatever problem you have with me around here, it's hardly news to me anyway. :winks:I shall leave you to have a little rant about this last post.

Why do I feel I'm not on a mental health support forum sometimes? I've never witnessed any of this in face-to-face support groups, much less seen people laugh at others. (That's not addressed to you Gary)

Terry, you wade into everything I say that you don't agree with. I respond back to that most of the time but never once have I accused you of "baiting me" or having a "problem" with me. I respect your right to point out things that you think are wrong, why can't I do the same?

I find the accusation toward Josh as a bit strange really, as he recommended the OP take medication and said her anxiety was out of control. Hardly a hug and kiss but surely not the worst thing to be said either. This spawned an accusation of trolling from you.

You actively criticise people's approach on a daily basis, yet when it's done to you, you pull out the "baiting" or "problem" card. Can't it just be that I disagree with your accusation and I'm telling you as much? You do that constantly, do you not?

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-16, 13:56
What part of enough is not being understood here.

To confirm, I won't be responding further to the posts directed to me. Sorry again for my part in that.

Elen
10-11-16, 14:00
To confirm, I won't be responding further to the posts directed to me. Sorry again for my part in that.

Thank you Terry, much appreciated

brucealmighty
10-11-16, 14:13
final post, nice and polite....

don`t comment on your mental health terry? we`re on a public mental health forum and your behaviour and criticism is focused like a laser on certain people, so I asked if OCD can involve paranoia. not a dig an actual query because you turn on certain people and have huge pathos for others.

the whole idea is we bounce ideas and opinions about mental health and try to help, but now I`m not allowed to ask about your situation?

each day I go on `active threads` and help where I can, so I very rarely trawl through an OPs history to see if I can make personal judgements or form solid opinions about people I`m never likely to meet in real life.

as for sorting things out elsewhere Elen I truly believe that could be a step forward in all this if any of us live anywhere near others involved. words typed and `send` pressed in the heat of the moment is no substitute for a brew and a proper chat in the real world so thats a genuine handshake / dove of peace type offer.

I`m not far from chester and willing to travel :)

NancyW
10-11-16, 14:26
Why do I feel I'm not on a mental health support forum sometimes? I've never witnessed any of this in face-to-face support groups, much less seen people laugh at others. (That's not addressed to you Gary)[COLOR="blue"]

It is addressed to me though...I was laughing at Fishman's comment because it's funny. In fact, everytime I think of it, it makes me chuckle.

I find zero humor in Helen/Reb's posts.

Out here in the face to face world, you better believe I laugh every chance I get. Even when it's related to anxiety, sometimes it's the only outlet that saves me.

brucealmighty
10-11-16, 14:36
fishmanpa is one of the most inspirational people I`ve ever had contact with, even with all he`s going through he still puts up positive thinking posts to keep us all going.
sometimes you have to laugh at the way we stumble through this life or you`d cry.

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-16, 14:44
Im not educated enough to know hoe dreams work but i assume its information from the day/fears/thoughts.

I have had dreams of;
Me telling someone i have a brain tumor
Someone telling me someone has an operable anerysm (i read an article about Bruce Forsyth had similar thing and had a dream that i had a visual hallucination - was initmate with my partner in dream and had spider i couldnt push off omy face. I woke up scared this was real but i know it wasnt as it was day time in my dream but dark and night in dream.

I *KNOW* they're dreams but i worry they are foreshadowing

Back on topic.

Consider how it is possible us to predict such a thing, consciously or subconsciously. Magical Thinking in OCD has the sufferer thinking the can impact on the physical world with their thoughts and so compulsions begin to mitigate that perceived event. You don't mention whether there are compulsions involved but with all your other worries they have been typically covert/mental and reassurance seeking is one of those.

What you've done to challenge your thoughts is a step in the right direction. But it is a matter of continuing to rationalise and re frame a logical positive/neutral conclusion until things improve. But the reassurance seeking will keep the cycle going so try your best to reduce this as well.

pulisa
10-11-16, 20:28
I was reading the posts with the lthompson kid and the responsr was very similar to the abuse i recieve. Unlike him/her i dont interject because only doing so frustrates me. I don't see how my anxiety annoys you all? Im not as bizzare as a 'stubbed my toe now it aches is it cancer' as iam portrayed to be.

I'm surprised at your comment here. What you consider "bizarre" may not be so to the sufferer.

Shazamataz
11-11-16, 03:40
^ For the record I like Terry very much. He's been a great support to myself and many other members :)

dale12345
11-11-16, 03:45
^ For the record I like Terry very much. He's been a great support to myself and many other members :)
Me too.

flipp
11-11-16, 03:48
I agree with you both.xx.

KeeKee
11-11-16, 07:57
Josh I've nothing at all against you but I too like MyNameIsTerry.

Gary A
11-11-16, 08:14
Believe it or not I like him too, I find him very informative and very very helpful. I just wish he could take back what he gives out without thinking there's some personal vendetta against him. :shrug: