PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is high because of food poisoning so scared

anxious_thoughts
08-11-16, 16:58
Hi guys,

I'm having abdominal cramping with diarrhea after eating something yesterday. I just feel so gross today and I'm so overly sensitive that it makes my anxiety worse with every symptom that I feel.

I was just sitting on the sofa and all of the sudden it felt like I got dizzy for a quick second. This absolutely set me off and now I'm a crying mess because I'm home alone and scared I'll pass out. :(

Nobody will be home until 230 and it's only noon. I'm so scared :(

Mummytofour
08-11-16, 17:25
Hi,

How are you feeling now? Have u got anything you can take for the food poisoning to help you feel a little better?. Maybe stick on a good film, get under a blanket and allow yourself a rest day. I know how scary it is but try to tell yourself that yes you are ill today but it's nothing that won't go away in a day or two and that you need to rest up. If your like me and I am guessing you are being on the HA forum and worry about any illness I reckon we fight against any symptoms and don't let ourselves deal with being ill as we're too busy running from it. Look after yourself and rest up x

Mercime
08-11-16, 21:34
I've had food poisoning and believe you me, it was a heck of a lot more than cramping and diarrhoea! Both ends going, unable to keep a sip of water down, cold sweats and shivering..I doubt whether you'd be well enough to be writing on here Jenn. Try and keep hydrated, avoid food for the time being, let your tummy rest. If it carries on for more than 24 hrs, go and see your doc x