PDA

View Full Version : Scared beyond belief

tinkabumsmuma
08-11-16, 17:49
I will start with on Wednesday they stopped my 75mg effexor cold turkey (I am on prozac 30mg once a day and Klonopin 0.5mg twice a day) and last night I had the worst panic attack I have ever had. I was on edge for a couple hours before that. I was afraid to fall asleep. I woke up this morning tired, scared, my heart feels like it is racing. I want nothing more than to shake these feelings. My biggest fear is dying and that was so real last night to me. Last night I ended up calling a doctor on call asking if it was safe to take my effexor and he said yes. Needless to say today I feel horrible psychically and mentally. I also feel like a failure for not being able to get through this without going back to my effexor. Stopping this medicine was supposed to increase my well being and well after last night I felt like I was in a battle for my life with this panic attack. The panic and anxiety won and I am disappointed in myself and embarrassed. Any one else sore and have a racy heart or higher heart rate the day after a really bad attack? Thank you for the feedback.

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 18:23
Hi tinkabumsuma I am sorry to hear you are struggling. As a child I had that fear of dying and had very bad sleep patterns I do still find it hard to sleep ay night (but for different reasons now) Prehaps try taking a nice relaxing bath before bed or some chilled music :) You are not a failure atall so don't think you are
we all make mistakes, just have to try and learn from them If the effexor tabs are making you worse ask your dr to reduce the dose gradually so you don't cold turkey again hey good luck and hope you sleep better tonight!!

tinkabumsmuma
08-11-16, 21:38
Thank you so much I ended up going to urgent care they said between the cold turkey quit I might be a little dehydrated. So relax hydrate and don't be alone. If it gets unbearable go to the ER but I am terrified of the ER.

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 22:19
Thank you so much I ended up going to urgent care they said between the cold turkey quit I might be a little dehydrated. So relax hydrate and don't be alone. If it gets unbearable go to the ER but I am terrified of the ER. Hey it's ok, do u have any one that can ve with you at home? Do something relaxing and drink some water :)
The ER is only a last resort so hopefully you wont need it!! Please update us on how you get on Cheers

ana
09-11-16, 13:24
My biggest fear is fear of death,and ironically enough, my panic attacks manifest as extreme feelings of unreality. I don't think you need to go to the hospital as you'd end up freaking yourself out further, and besides, you'd only get given a sedative anyway. If possible, try and get rid of some of that nervous energy through a hobby you enjoy or physical activity and keep trying to tell yourself that anxiety, although uncomfortable, isn't dangerous and it can't harm you.