PDA

View Full Version : Saying hello

robboweb
08-11-16, 18:41
Hi everyone

I've known about this site for a long time now and have finally got round to joining.

Have suffered bad depression on and off for over 30 years, although I have only come to realise recently that it is brought on by anxiety/panic. I can't understand how I never made the connection any sooner but better late than never.

I am in a good full-time job, have a lovely wife, 2 lovely kids and a nice house. Everything a lot of people would want, except I carry this depression round me with me all the time. It is blighting my life and recently has got to the point that I am now a bit scared of myself. Depression runs in the family, including a cousin that committed suicide in 2000.

I have read so many self-help books I am sure I could write one myself, but I am starting to believe there is just something inherently wrong with me. I just can't "think" my way out of the black hole, no matter what the self-help theory is.

Hope to pick up some good tips and share experiences with people on here and it would be great to make some new connections and get some support too.

venusbluejeans
08-11-16, 18:49
Hiya robboweb and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

RosieBelle
08-11-16, 19:44
Hi and welcome :)
Well done for signing up - you will find lots of support on here as we all know what it's like. I know how you feel about getting depression from the anxiety and being scared of myself. Hope you find this site really helpful.

robias
08-11-16, 22:59
Hi Robboweb, welcome to the forum I'm new myself but have found reading about other peoples stories to be a help.

Clarkeyk
09-11-16, 05:41
Hi Robboweb,
I'm also new here. i am the same as u in that I'm unable to just think myself out of the anxiety/panic. Though I've got the 'thinking' part mastered as I'm a massive worrier and over thinker. Something that has been really hard to try n manage. Hopefully you find useful info on here. It's been a help for me just knowing others feel the same. Good luck and keep searching.

randomforeigner
09-11-16, 14:48
I too have a cousin who committed suicide some years ago, but I didn't know him well.

Bigboyuk
09-11-16, 19:04
Hi robboweb Yeah Depression I can really relate too it may be also a anxiety problem causing the depression or some of it at least too many conditions too think about now so feel your pain You have found your destination! This is where you csn get off the train!! You are now home :)