PDA

View Full Version : Please help.

Xleanne92X
08-11-16, 19:44
I find myself very annoying, and so does most people I'm constantly asking the same things but I have nobody else to talk to so thought I'd comment for advise, so here goes, over the last 6/7 weeks my anxiety has relapsed! I'm in a shit place ATM and I can't help but think the doctors and opticians are missing something! I'm mainly always lightheaded, I feel funny loads my neck shoulders are so tensed up it hurts, my head feel so really full, along with some pains not painful but there. Also I'm not sleeping well at all! I'm suffering from migraines a lot, keep thinking I'm weak on one side I just can not cope! It cant possibly all be anxiety related there's gotta be something wrong serious? I don't know I'm in a bad place and am sorry for commenting I just had no where else to turn to :(

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Also can hear my heartbeat in my ears so scary!

ohdear
08-11-16, 20:46
Hi Leanne,

In my experience Anxiety can give you all the physical symptoms you describe (and more!). You've done the right thing by getting checked out by the doctor and optician but you need to trust that they are right. Is your doctor helping you to treat the Anxiety?
:hugs:

HarrietVanger
08-11-16, 20:48
Hi, sorry to hear you're going through this.

All the symptoms you mention sound like anxiety to me. I've had several of those before and yes, they were all anxiety related.
What did your doctor/optician say?

Xleanne92X
08-11-16, 20:59
Doctor has referred me for cbt, and gave me mess (too scared to take), opticians have said my eye sight is perfect I have good pressure etc but these feelings are horrible, I can't cope I haven't had a panic attack in a while but these symptoms are horrid!! I just don't want to die or anything bad happen to me :( xxx

HarrietVanger
08-11-16, 21:26
I'm sure you'll feel better once you start therapy, I know it's hard but you have to believe your doctors know what they're doing. There's nothing terribly wrong with you, it's anxiety and you are getting the help you need. It's going to be okay. Best of luck and keep us updated!

KatiePink
08-11-16, 22:04
From my experience I always get the heartbeat in the ears thing when my neck tension is bad. Not sure if there's a link but definitely seems to be with me.

What you describe sounds exactly like my experience and not to make you feel worse but mine lasted months and months of severe neck and shoulder tension, dizziness, headaches, lack of sleep ect.

It's dramatically improved since I've startes working hence moving around more. I used warm cloths on the back of my neck quite often through the day to relax the muscles before doing any stretches.

Scaredlady
08-11-16, 23:20
Leanne you are not dying and I know that's hard to believe because trust me I don't believe when the doctors tell me that I'm not going insane.

You sound sick with worry; I have tension/pain in my neck and shoulders, I can hear my own heartbeat in my ears (It really is frightening) and I get terrible pressure/pain in my head. It's all anxiety related because I get myself in such a state mentally that my body suffers the physical consequences.

You are NOT annoying, you have a mental illness and that's OK - In the long run seeking reassurance from people isn't a great coping mechanism (as many people have told me) but until you've started therapy in my opinion it's alright to ask others for advice and comfort.

You don't have to be sorry for posting, that's what this forum is for and you should use it as much as you like. Can I also suggest that you consider joining Elefriends, it's a platform from MIND (the mental health charity), someone else suggested it to me and I've given it a try.

In the meantime try to distract yourself, sing a song when you feel the anxiety gripping, write a journal, anything at all, just try to focus on something other than the negative thoughts.

You WILL be alright.

Xleanne92X
09-11-16, 15:12
Well now I'm convinced I have a brain tumour I cant get in the doctors today so I'm going to the walk in centre soon I'm out my mind with worry :( I can not cope anymore my head feels so full I feel as if my vision is funny :( I feel sick sometimes and I'm lightheaded :( thank you all has helped me but I'm that convince I have a tumour now I need to see a doctor :( xx

GadGirl
09-11-16, 15:56
Hey Leanne, everything you have described is down to the T with some of the symptoms I have the tension in your neck and shoulders can definatly contribute to the lightheartedness migraines, feeling off on one side etc. I have that all the time and especially with lack of sleep that can throw our balance off aswell and make everything else feel so much worse.

Phuzella
09-11-16, 17:33
All the symptoms you describe can be down to migraines

Xleanne92X
09-11-16, 18:53
Well I cant see the walk in because it's a 4 hour wait am I seriously okay? And it's not a brain tumour ? I'm literally sat crying my eyes out now because I cant be seen :(

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

The wait was 4 hours couldn't wait for that my anxiety was threw the roof! I'm feeling very scared I don't know what to do I'm so convinced I have a brain tumour I'm really worried ? So you defiantly don't think that's what I have ?