PDA

View Full Version : Weird Bubble Sensation in Chest? Anyone else?

tan235
08-11-16, 22:09
Hi All,
I've had this before but it only lasted a day and now it's been almost 2 weeks.
It's hard to describe but it feels like a bubble or pressure in the middle of my chest and I have to cough or clear my throat to get rid of it but then it just comes back, or rises back up is a more accurate description.
I've gone through all the cancer symptoms and I'm thinking Lung Cancer ... I need to clear my throat all the time, I have allergies and apparently GERD, I'm taking 10mg Losec, the Dr said, 'I don't know what it is but probably nothing scary" - I went to another Dr and she said, 'Probably reflux,' I get it in the morning and by the evening it's gone. I do get post nasal drip every morning and pretty much all day due to allergies I guess - I'm not sure it's really allergies, probably lung cancer - I'm just over it.
No-one can help me and I'm terrified it's something malicious.
Anyone else have this?
It doesn't hurt, I feel it more when I swallow, it's almost like a burp but no burp happens. feels like trapped wind kinda, but not sure how that's possible for 2 weeks in the same place. I do think some kind of cancer as it's lasted so long.
I'm booked in for a gatsroscopy soon, which I've cancelled on like 5 times, but they are still willing to see me so that's good, that will obviously tell me if there is something wrong with my stomach but not my lungs!

Anyone relate?
If so, did you find out what it was??
I'm also burping all over the place for no reason too, after I drink water etc, my anxiety is really bad, I've realised for the past 2 weeks I've been working around with clenched fists and jaw - though that's a sign of MS.

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

anyone??

thomas1998
09-11-16, 00:37
That does sound like some kind of GERD gas issue. I've had a similar thing for like 10 months but on the right side of my chest, I can feel it when I put hard emphasis on my chest, a light bubbling/twitching/fluttering on the right side of my chest. I've had it for almost a year so I'm quite sure it's nothing malicious or my lungs would be in a rather poor state right now :P

I got my doctor to feel for it yesterday - he could, and said it was either diet related (e.g GERD, gas etc) or muscle deconditioning from not getting enough exercise (which I don't). Basically, he wasn't concerned. I too have had issues with burping (even after drinking water) and gas/flatulence, and have to clear my throat often because of allergies and asthma etc.

I would try eliminating things from your diet to see if it subsides (things that cause acid reflux & heartburn include: chocolate, sodas, fried foods, alcohol, high fat dairy, caffeine, etc.)

If two doctors have had a look and were not concerned then I doubt you should be :)

tan235
09-11-16, 05:31
Thank you so much!!!!! Just to hear from someone else is so great.

GadGirl
09-11-16, 16:18
Sounds exactly like me when I have a bad flair up of GERs acid reflux etc

Nicole201017
01-12-16, 09:40
Oh I get this to! Like a burp bubble but in your chest such a weird sensation