PDA

View Full Version : 2 bone lumps on back of head!!

Ljthompson10
09-11-16, 08:24
Hi everyone. I have noticed to hard pretty immovable lumps on the back of my head. One on the left and one on the right pretty much in identicle positions.

They are 3 quarters the way down my head one on the left and one on the right.

I vaguely remember feeling them about 4/5 years ago but I'm not sure if they are slightly better (my hair is a LOT shorter now tho.)

My mum also ahs them in the same places to an extent but they are not as large.

I'm hoping it's just bone.

Could it be anything sinister

kerryann
09-11-16, 12:49
i may be stating the obvious here but that is called your Skull!!

Ljthompson10
09-11-16, 14:29
My left one is deffo bigger and now I've pressed it loads it's a bit sensitive ahahah

Gary A
09-11-16, 14:44
My left one is deffo bigger and now I've pressed it loads it's a bit sensitive ahahah

Then stop pressing it, accept these are normal parts of your skull and move on.

SLA
09-11-16, 14:50
Could it be anything sinister

Yes!!

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

I mean no.

Ljthompson10
09-11-16, 14:51
Yes!!

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

I mean no.

What??:(

Are you serious

SLA
09-11-16, 14:59
No.

Are you serious?

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Sorry, I thought you were joking.

Its your skull.

GadGirl
09-11-16, 16:07
It's your skill everyone has this

Ljthompson10
09-11-16, 21:17
It's your skill everyone has this

Thankyou the only thing concerning me was that my left is a fair bit larger than the righ and I heard there were lymph nodes in that area so I convinced myself they were them. :(

But my mum has them but they are smaller so this made me feel better

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

No.

Are you serious?

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Sorry, I thought you were joking.

Its your skull.

hankyou the only thing concerning me was that my left is a fair bit larger than the righ and I heard there were lymph nodes in that area so I convinced myself they were them. :(

But my mum has them but they are smaller so this made me feel better

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

So I'm guessing there normal yeah ahahaha

Scaredlady
10-11-16, 00:58
I've had a really bad day LJ with my anxiety, I haven't slept, I haven't eaten, I haven't been able to stop my racing mind or distract myself from unwanted thoughts.... Then I read this thread, you do make me smile. It's just your skull, completely normal!

Fishmanpa
10-11-16, 04:03
Ok... listen up Lj...

I'm old enough to be your father. I have a daughter that suffers from depression and anxiety.

I'm going to talk to you as I did to my daughter...

Thank you for opening up with your fears. You really do have a serious illness... It's just not what you think it is. It's called anxiety and you need help.

You said you 're in therapy. Please print off your recent threads, take them to your next session and show then to your therapist. You also said you were taking a break from the forum. I suggest you do so as saying and doing are two different things and failing to live up to your written word limits the credibility of your written words.

Take some time away and let us know what your therapist says.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
10-11-16, 04:49
People often see the skull depicted as smooth in medical diagrams. It isn't, it has ridges:

http://www.amulyabharat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Human-Skull-Anatomy-Amazing-10-Download-2015-four-side.jpg

hanshan
10-11-16, 06:07
There are also multiple muscle attachments to the skull so you can move your head in every direction. They tend to like a lump or ridge to hang on to. Quite marvellous really.

By the way, the pseudo-science of phrenology used bumps on the skull to predict personality and character.

Ljthompson10
10-11-16, 07:16
I've had a really bad day LJ with my anxiety, I haven't slept, I haven't eaten, I haven't been able to stop my racing mind or distract myself from unwanted thoughts.... Then I read this thread, you do make me smile. It's just your skull, completely normal!

I'm glad I make you smile. You'll be fine!! Don't panic!

And Thankyou. :)