PDA

View Full Version : Numbness in face stroke symptoms

GadGirl
09-11-16, 16:17
Hello everyone, haven't really been on the HA section for a while and more been in the symptoms bit and re reading the Depersonilation section.

But having a major freak out today suddenly earlier on my left nostril became numb like the outside of it it's just this part that's numb I'm freakivg out that I'm having a stroke or going to have one tonight :-( other parts of me are now numb and weird feeling but that is my depersonilation that's doing that it's just my nose that's making me scared.

Do you think this is a sign of stroke or that maybe I have a spot or something that's under the skin causing it.

Thankyou

SLA
09-11-16, 16:21
Where you when it went numb, and what were you doing?

No reason to panic.

GadGirl
09-11-16, 16:24
I was doing nothing but lying on the bed. It just happened suddenly it's still here an hour later I do notice I have a spot coming up a little bit away from the area maybe this is causing it but I'm freaking out as it was so sudden and the whole of my edit side of nostril on the outside feels Numb

SLA
09-11-16, 16:33
There aren't that many nerve endings on the side of your nostril. I'm sure if I wanted to trick myself into thinking my nostrils were numb I could.

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

It is also very cold today.

GadGirl
09-11-16, 16:35
So doesn't sound like its stroke related then

SLA
09-11-16, 16:40
What do you think?

Serious question, not being silly.

Ask the logical side of your brain, what are the chances its a stroke based on the evidence?

GadGirl
09-11-16, 17:41
That's why I'm asking cause I don't know what to think all I know is the side of my nostril being numb is not normal

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

Anyone I'm really worried :-(

SLA
09-11-16, 19:15
How do you know its not the start of a heart attack?

GadGirl
09-11-16, 19:51
What?? please don't treat me like some of the people on here that constantly post worries everyday all day I have been a member here for a few years, I'm asking for advice on a serious matter

Carnation
09-11-16, 19:54
Just answered on your other thread GadGirl.

ServerError
09-11-16, 20:11
What?? please don't treat me like some of the people on here that constantly post worries everyday all day I have been a member here for a few years, I'm asking for advice on a serious matter

SLA is a fantastic member of the forum who only ever posts in an attempt to help. He simply recognises the real issue here and is trying to help you employ the rational part of your mind. This is the best thing anyone can do for anyone on this forum.

You're right that it is a serious issue. But the serious issue is your Generalised Anxiety Disorder. That is what is causing you to suffer.

GadGirl
09-11-16, 21:02
SLA is a fantastic member of the forum who only ever posts in an attempt to help. He simply recognises the real issue here and is trying to help you employ the rational part of your mind. This is the best thing anyone can do for anyone on this forum.

You're right that it is a serious issue. But the serious issue is you're Generalised Anxiety Disorder. That is what is causing you to suffer.

Hi server how are you? Sorry I might have bit a little there, been a horrendous couple of days. I took that as a dig. I totally know I have severe anxiety as I Posted I suffer from chronic DP/DR because of it. I picked up on this one symptom and got myself into a total state. I still have the numb nostril but have took this as I properly have a pimple coming and I'm just over sensitised to the feeling

SLA
09-11-16, 21:02
Thanks ServerError.

Sorry GadGirl. I wasn't trying to antagonise.

The reason why I asked that because if you could rationalise why it was impossible that it was a heart attack, then you could make the leap to rationalise why it was impossible that it was a stroke.

My bad.

GadGirl
09-11-16, 21:04
Just answered on your other thread GadGirl.

Hi Hun,thankyou I did reply x

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Thanks ServerError.

Sorry GadGirl. I wasn't trying to antagonise.

The reason why I asked that because if you could rationalise why it was impossible that it was a heart attack, then you could make the leap to rationalise why it was impossible that it was a stroke.

My bad.

Hi SLA I just replied to server there explaining that I properly just bit there and took it as a dig and insult or something sorry been very sensitive the last few days I do apologise. X

SLA
09-11-16, 21:06
Not a problem. I forget how bad it can be sometimes.

Take care. x