PDA

View Full Version : Stroke symptoms worried

GadGirl
09-11-16, 17:02
Hello everyone, haven't really been on for a while and more been in the Depersonilation section.

But having a major freak out today suddenly earlier on my left nostril became numb like the outside of it it's just this part that's numb I'm freakivg out that I'm having a stroke or going to have one tonight :-( other parts of me are now numb and weird feeling but that is my depersonilation that's doing that it's just my nose that's making me scared.

Do you think this is a sign of stroke or that maybe I have a spot or something that's under the skin causing it.

Thankyou

Beckybecks
09-11-16, 19:32
People who have a stroke experience numbness down the entire side of their body and definitely not just on their nostril.
If you focus enough on your fears you will experience them which is why you have random numbness.

Carnation
Believe me GadGirl, there would be no doubt of you recognising a stroke.

I had a mini-stroke and had the dragging leg, so did my auntie and my cousin.

What you have sounds like anxiety related. Being over-sensitized. x

SLA
Groundhog Day.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=190765

Carnation
09-11-16, 19:40
That's right Beckbecks. I had numbness down one side of my body, which included a drooped mouth all related to the same side.

You can make a full recovery from this as I did, thank God.

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

And it didn't affect my nose at all. I have never heard of a stroke affecting the nose.
My mum has had several strokes and her nose is completely normal.

GadGirl
09-11-16, 20:58
Hi Becky, thankyou for replying I know logically I would not still be sitting here if I was having a stroke they are fast acting, but I just can't fight the thoughts x

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

SLA I know I posted in the other section too. Thanks for the reminder.

---------- Post added at 20:58 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Believe me GadGirl, there would be no doubt of you recognising a stroke.

I had a mini-stroke and had the dragging leg, so did my auntie and my cousin.

What you have sounds like anxiety related. Being over-sensitized. x

Thankyou carnation for your reply, I'm sorry you and your family have suffered from mini strokes and glad that you are all ok, Iv just been having a really shit time of it the last few days and currently recovering after being in hospital so I'm picking at ever little symptom, it is probs something as simple as a pimple coming up under the skin causing the numb tingling

Scaredlady
10-11-16, 00:07
You are not having a stroke. Try to distract yourself (I know this is easier said than done) but you do have to try.

LavenderRain
10-11-16, 01:35
My grandma had a stroke while I was living with her and believe me if you were having a stroke either you or someone else would notice if something was really really wrong. I get numbness and tingles all the time in almost every part of my body and it has always been anxiety related. Anxiety symptoms like numbness, tingling, twinges, etc can happen literally anywhere at any time even if you feel calm at the moment and don't have any reason to be anxious. Especially if you have an anxiety disorder because we are always on edge even when we don't realize it. I obsessed over strokes for a while because of what happened to my grandmother (she's still alive but it was a scary experience) to the point I actually went and got both a CT scan and an MRI and they said my brain was perfect and needless to say I am still here even after being completely certain I was going to die. I honestly believe that I can promise you aren't having one and that you won't have one in the future either. I know its scary but you're fine and everything will be okay. I hope you feel better.

Nina102
10-11-16, 01:48
When my uncle had a stroke a few years back and I learned more about it, I remember having a moment where I felt
like I was having one as well.

I was putting on makeup in the mirror, getting ready to go out and started feeling so strange. I snapped out of after 10 minutes or so, when I realized I was talking myself into getting those feelings.

You should listen to other people here, you will surely know if you're having a stroke.

Also, if it offers anymore comfort, when my uncle had his stroke he went through it alone and wasn't found till hours afterwards and he completely recovered :)

Fishmanpa
10-11-16, 03:53
Bottom line is we wouldn't be reading reassurance seeking posts if it were sinister.

Positive thoughts