PDA

View Full Version : Palps

male1990
09-11-16, 17:05
al my ecg's 4 of them all clear within the year. constant like palps or fluttering senseation spread to underam pit and left arm. puts me in major panics chest xrays and bloods all normal. i have health anexity is this really from that.

Catherine S
09-11-16, 17:25
Hi, yes it can be a symptom of anxiety, or it can be that the anxiety is caused by the fearof the palps! I've suffered for many years with the dropped heart beats and flutters and have come to accept them now to be honest. Had all the tests over the years, and always negative so no heart disease. However they can be very scary and uncomfortable, especially when there is a long run of them. I take a beta blocker called Bisoprolol for mine which really helps...my own GP takes this too for his palp's, so even the docs can suffer with them.

They can also be caused by bad digestion, too much alcohol or too much caffeine. In fact anything that irritates your stomach can also irritate your heart, so it may be an idea to check into that too. I know my own triggers after all these years, and although my heart can become fluttery if i'm nervous or stressed, most times it's down to bad digestion. I've been drinking decaff tea and coffee for years now, and don't drink alcohol half as much as I used to. If you do feel there's a connection with your digestion, over the counter remedies can help...anything that makes you burp basically! Hope that helps.

ISB :)

male1990
09-11-16, 17:49
hy thanks for your reply. i do drink quite a bit alcohol at weekend and drink every day but only 1-2 during the week and drink maybe 4 coffee a day everyday. docs have said that cud be the problem. i am accepting them but i think the worst bit is th dizzyness that comes with them. they make me really lightheaded and bit dizzy. did u get that and is that common?

am just scared that all my tests have missed sometihng or that i will et suden death as google has scared me to death with that

Catherine S
09-11-16, 18:12
It's very rare for them to miss anything sinister going on with the heart tbh, heart disease is one of the easiest ailments to diagnose, either your heart works or it doesn't basically. Palpitations for me started in my 20s and i'm now in my 60s and still do not have a diseased heart. What I do have is a sensitive and easily irritated heart, and palps are so common they are considered to be normal.

I've also experienced the dizziness with them too but not so for quite some years, so I can put that down to the fear of the palpitations, because they used to scare me silly and fear can alter your breathing which then alters the carbon dioxide and oxygen balance, which results in dizziness. And this all happens as quickly as the flick of a switch.

ISB :)

male1990
09-11-16, 18:36
i am 26 and being told i am to young for sudden death or heart conditions but the anexity tells me diffo and plays with my mind

it semms to go on all day at the moment just fuzzy kind of feeling in my chest area. also it feels like gassy as can feel rumbling and stuff could that be related

sorry a newbie here asking loads of questions haha

Catherine S
09-11-16, 19:45
Yes if you're gassy and have rumblings it can definitely be related.. as I stated in previous replies, if your digestive system is irritated your heart will be too. I know it's not easy to accept the palpitations are not life threatening but just another symptom to cope with, and I know this will go on flooring you until you can find a way of dealing with it, but the cardiologists know the difference between 'organic' problems with your heart and 'benign ' problems.

If you find you can't cope with the palps, and many can't, then have a chat with your doctor about the possibility of beta blockers, they do help to lessen the strength of them for sure.

Also, take a read through the information about this subject on the forum, there are loads of threads and posts from the great number of nmp members who also suffer with this.

ISB x

male1990
09-11-16, 20:01
cardiologists? Av only had chest exam and ecgs at hostpital n bloods thanks for answeing

Catherine S
09-11-16, 20:21
No problem. Yes, it's the cardiologists who read the results of the ecg at the hospital. Sometimes just the nurse who does the test can see if there's anything wrong and will tell you if all is well without seeing the cardiologist.

ISB x

male1990
09-11-16, 20:38
Ah right thick me haha yes she looks at it and said will show the doctor aswell so happy with that

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Worried bout Long QT syndrome (LQTS. As it says symtpombs could be etopic and heart pqlps. Which cud casue death! What is this syndrome LQTS and wpuld my ecg pick it up lol sorry for bugging xx

Catherine S
09-11-16, 21:09
Don't be mad at yourself, it takes time to gather the information you need to recover from health anxiety, it doesn't happen overnight. Keep on asking questions, there will always be someone around to reply and reassure you. The syndrome you refer to? Did you get this from Google? Please stay away from Google with health questions whilst your health anxiety is high, you will focus only on the worst. Try to trust the doctors on this, they deal with this every day and know what they can see in the tests in real time.

ISB x

male1990
09-11-16, 21:26
Yeah from good old google lol and thankyou for your help xx

kestral
10-11-16, 00:32
Am getting palps now. Havent had a problem with them for a while but they reappeared a couple of says ago and i find it hard to deal with.

male1990
10-11-16, 10:09
Hy yeah am still getting same kind of vibtating horroble pain in chest just have to ignore it i guess

kestral
10-11-16, 11:22
Do you find it difficult to go out when you get them both when its happening and afterwards?

male1990
10-11-16, 11:25
i find it helps me when i go out because i dont think of them as much.

if i am in the house and get them it it horrible espcially lying in bed..

seems weird this but i have a bath and a can of beer and it helps me relax about 10pm thats the only time when in house i really can relax

the buzzing thing raditiates up to my armpit down my arm and dizzuness makes me wobble

are yours constant?

kestral
10-11-16, 13:08
Havent had them consistently for a long while but have come back especially when trying to relax, sitting or laying in bed.

male1990
10-11-16, 13:25
its a bugger. having a bath is only thing that stops them for me

male1990
11-11-16, 08:47
well had theses pains now for about 2 weeks. th arm pain feels like numbness.. and little chest pain feels like a little nip pain above my left nipple but wen i press down on it its a little tender but not painfull. is that a good thing iv heard it is? also is it a good thing i have had these pains this long as if it was a heart attack woudlt i be on the floor or even worse?

as stated on other posts monday had a clear ecg and a clear chest exrayy and bloods normal.

jut my anexity taking over. had all the palps the bzzing effects and stuff on and off but mainly constant

skymaid
14-11-16, 13:49
if all those tests are clear then these are anxiety symptoms. As real as they feel they're are meaningless.

Try and keep your mind occupied or try something like mindfulness to learn to accept the weird symptoms and they will fade over time.

male1990
14-11-16, 18:51
update.. palps got bad last night so went to hospital again.. egc was normal but they said they seen high take off whatever that means they explained that its normal and nothing to worry about. they repeated the ecg and was clear

anyone heard of hight take off

male1990
14-11-16, 18:55
right palps got bad on sunday night let it go til the morning then went to hosptuial again.. my first ecg today they told me it was high take off but everything was normal. what is hight take off. they exlapnied to me thou this is normal is people and its bengin and nothing to worry bout. but i was worried by this they repeated another ecg and that was normal. they gave me blood work and a blood test realted to my heart that was all clear was assrured notthing wrong and defo not heart attack or any abnormal rythemes

have never heard of high take off before

male1990
17-11-16, 18:04
on monday and other times my heart rate has been 110 going down and up but never past 118. at the time on monday doc said sinus tachy.. then i was in hosutal again wednesday and my pulse was 79 and most it went up till is 89

so to be cofirmed to havee sinus techy does it have to be constantly over 100
or cause i have dips does it mean i have it. so confusing and annyoying and worrying..

is this condtion life threating

male1990
23-11-16, 14:51
I was told i.had high take off.its a normal vareint seen in young people nothing to worry about! Wen u said they repeated it and was clean was the high take off still there that wud be normal

male1990
03-12-16, 20:56
helleo there i suffer from huge anexity. anway i have had ecgs in the past all normal from what docs have told me but other week started getting the pains back and palps and chest discormofrt and dzizynes. all the works. thought was having a heart attack went again for ecg at hostptial. told nurse i was getting these palps as she was doing ecg they called me back hooked me to a heart monitor and kept me for few hours. repeated ecg and said absoulty fine.. i heard the doc saying i had high take off on the ecg which is a normal vareint. obv i was well scared when i went on the heart monitor and was wondering why i was on it but obv cause i told them i was geting palps they wanted to see if they cud catch them this was 4 weeks ago now and still geting flutters arm pain and all the symptombs of a heart attack. constanly worried all the time. they sent me home saying all healty as normal chest exray normal bloods and a normal troppin test. but they did not repeat this test which i have read they shud but since i was getting theses symtombs for long time they said no need for repeat as first 1 was neagtive..

so is this really all my anexity

high takeover never heard of it but seen it is a normal finding

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

i am 26 years old i may add

male1990
30-01-17, 16:23
for the last year on and off had palps arm numbness neck and back pain fasdt heart rate. seems to hit me for a few weeks then just goes. iv had chest pain to and dizziness. had 8 ecgs in the last year all clear a clear chest x ray and clear bloods. docs say all is down to anexity. I am a suffer of health anexity and panic and worry about anything on my body or any slight pain. I hve phobias of tumours and constanly worry that I have one. but my main worry now is that this is a heart attack and they have missed it on tests for a year? is it possible? plz reply? can a hear attack last 2 months as this time this is how long av been having pain off and on my chest arms back. my last ecg was in novmeber and was all clear with my x ray. I am 26

Fishmanpa
30-01-17, 16:43
As a two time heart attack, triple bypass and stent survivor. I can absolutely assure you with the testing you've had (you've had more tests than I've had in the last three years!), they would have picked up an issue.

Positive thoughts

SLA
30-01-17, 16:46
Would you describe yourself as generally fit and healthy despite the pain?

male1990
30-01-17, 18:58
hy thanks to both of you for your time to reply

well the last ecg I had I went into propa panic and they hooked me to a monitor for a hour repeated a ecg and was let go they did a troppin test and was all clear. but they said on my ecg that there was high take off and that it is a normal variant in young people> never heard much about it. they repated a ecg and said defo not a heart attack...

and to the question about health and fit. obv theses pains are getting me down but they are not disabling and I can move run walk about without being out of breath and can get on with normal day things like taking my kids to school and mdoing hopping stuff like that.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Guess what i am sayiny is can a heart attack last for 3 and half months

Fishmanpa
30-01-17, 19:03
Guess what i am sayiny is can a heart attack last for 3 and half months

Ummm... No. I know this first hand X2 and I truly believe you know this too ;)

Positive thoughts

male1990
30-01-17, 19:51
I do defo down but the anexity and brain tell me diffo lol and google wats it can hapoend weeks beofre or after? Scary place google!!! Have u heard of high take off

PanickyGuy
30-01-17, 20:44
Yeah but I think your mind is going a 100 miles an hour from the anxiety and not letting you think logically about this. See if you were having heart troubles for 3 and half months, I don't think you would be able to do normal day to day activity things like take your kids to school.

You'd probably be too exhausted to do anything or even move at all. Heart attacks that don't kill you can debilitate you by making you feel extremely weak and unable to hardly move around. So if your up walking around everyday and taking your kids to school, how can you be having heart attacks for 3 and half months?

If you were having heart attacks all that time, it doesn't back off and get better enough for you to do all that, it gets worse until someone else has to take you to the hospital because you can't hardly move all that much.

male1990
24-02-17, 15:09
hy back again been having on and off pains for motnhs now in chest left arm sometimes pins and needles numb feeling. when I am walking about or out with friends drinking or taking kids to school I am fine its when I am sitting the pains are much worse. like when I walk about they are not borthersome and I feel fine. when I am on my own and sitting I feel a lot more aches and pains. is this anexity. I have had clear bloods xray and ecgs I am 27 years old. suffer from health anexity. I am scared I am having a long heart attack or about to have 1 all the time.

the pain scale for chest is like a 2 out of 10 and the arm pain is more like a 3 out of 10 but a heavy feeling 1 annoying more than painful

can some1 plz reassure me. last time I gt checked was last November and I am trying to convice myself its nothing. everytime I go get checked out that seems to trigger a cycle where I am in panic for weeks and get checked out more than I shud and get worried on every little ting docs tell me

male1990
11-03-17, 13:02
been having chest arm pains for months now 4 months. had clear ecgs xrays and bloods. dos says aneixty. last night thou wen went to bed my chest was aching worse than usual and arm pain aswell and a feeling or pure dread and worry I was paniced like mad. anyways this soon left about a hour after. DID I HAVE A HEART ATTACK. this morning still have the normal pain for me and am moving about and stuff. the pain was a 4 out of 10 like usuall but just the panic was what worried me... plz help and plz need reassurance sick of turning up to a and e all the time. I am 27 years old. I may add I had a pizza just before bed and I don't usually eat as pain seems to get a bit worse after I eat. I never eat before bedd

Fishmanpa
11-03-17, 13:50
Having had two heart attacks, you wouldn't be posting here waiting for responses if you were having a heart attack.

That and medical professionals have given you the all clear and an explanation for your chest pain.

Ohhh yeah... "Pizza before bed...." :doh:

Positive thoughts

Bigboyuk
11-03-17, 13:56
I agree with Fishmanpa I had a heart attack 4 years ago and believe you me you would know it was happening my heart was all over the place and my head was sweating as though I had just run a marathon and the fact the medical professionals have given you the all clear is a very good sign that all is ok :) Cheers

male1990
11-03-17, 14:09
thankyou you 2.... i no i have had all clears its just hard cuz some days my chest isint bad then some days its really bad and then the pnic takes over and the numbess down me arms thats scary man.

Bigboyuk
11-03-17, 16:01
thankyou you 2.... i no i have had all clears its just hard cuz some days my chest isint bad then some days its really bad and then the pnic takes over and the numbess down me arms thats scary man. You are welcome mate :) I would certainly see your GP again and ask what's causing your present symptoms though but you can be assured it's not a liniment heart attack :) Cheers

male1990
11-03-17, 17:06
docs says is my anexity.. all tests bllods and physcials all clean. gald they are but same time frustatraiting that get all these pains

Phuzella
11-03-17, 17:53
Pizza before bed = indigestion / reflux I'd say

Bigboyuk
11-03-17, 17:57
Pizza before bed = indigestion / reflux I'd sayProbably the best thing is no food just before bed as this will help big time with his problems :) Cheers

ChildOfTheKing
16-03-17, 18:31
Pizza before bed. That's what caused the initial pain that turned into panic. Trust me.

male1990
22-03-17, 11:50
so I have been in and out of a and e from last summer till start of decemeber with palps fast heart beat arm pain chest pain. had all clear egs xrays and bloods . there saying all anexity

quck question I am worried about dangerous arryithamias or sudden death.
I seem to get constant fast hear beat or a buzzing sensation in the chest all day long but when I am busy walking or wateva I cant feel it as bad.

my pulse is normal and feels normal just have this constant pressure like buzzing and feels fast its not painfull just annoying and as I have said docs says anexity..

ANYWAY MY QUESTIONS
AM I AT RISK OF SUDDEN DEATH OR DANGEROUS ARRYTHIMAS
HOW CAN THEY TELL THAT IT IS NOT A DANGEROUS ARRYTIHIMA
I AM WORRIED ABOUT VENTRCIULAR TACCACRIDA??

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

P.S I AM MAJOR WORRIER AS U CAN PROBZ TELL

Fishmanpa
22-03-17, 11:54
so I have been in and out of a and e from last summer till start of decemeber with palps fast heart beat arm pain chest pain. had all clear egs xrays and bloods . there saying all anexity

ANYWAY MY QUESTIONS
AM I AT RISK OF SUDDEN DEATH OR DANGEROUS ARRYTHIMAS
HOW CAN THEY TELL THAT IT IS NOT A DANGEROUS ARRYTIHIMA

All tests (several times) were clear. No risk. You wouldn't have been sent home otherwise.

Positive thoughts

male1990
22-03-17, 12:21
thanks mate have spoke to you on the forum before lol same issues. they did find high take off on ecgs but they say that's normal vairent

with the dangerous arrithyimas ans sudden death they happen suddenly and u faint? you don't get symptombs?

Elen
22-03-17, 13:21
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen