PDA

View Full Version : Constant state of panic

LouiseC1896
09-11-16, 17:20
Hi, I've posted a few times about the lump I found on my arm, its about pea sized and moveable but you cannot see it. First I thought it was sarcoma now I think its a lymph node and I am freaking out! My arm, wrist and hand hurts too, I have been doing a lot of push ups and yoga where I'm using my hand a lot, that might explain the pain. I'm not sure how long its been there but I felt the lump about a week ago. I also went to the doctors during the summer with a little bump on the skin near my elbow she gave me steroid cream and said its definitely wasn't skin cancer. Its now really small and no one can see or feel it but me and I think what if it was cancer and its spread. Or what if I have lymphoma or some other type of cancer that's all through me. My whole body aches, my backs started to get sore and my eyes have been constantly watery and itchy for the past month. I also get random chest pains. I wake up every day and panic that I'm dying and I'm scared to go to sleep at night in case I die. I'm so scared all the time.

Beckybecks
09-11-16, 19:28
Your anxiety will cause many physical symptoms, some of which would be pains anywhere in your body and very commonly in your chest.the more you focus on a certain part of your body, i.e. Your arm, wrist, hand, the more you will notice sensations/pain.
If the Dr says it's not skin cancer, believe her. She's trained to spot these things.
She needs to treat your anxiety. Did she prescribe medication? Therapy?
If you feel panic when you wake up it's because your stress levels are highest in the morning. Do some physical exercise to work off the adrenaline.
You're not dying but you do have anxiety. It's treatable and you will recover if you work on it.

LouiseC1896
09-11-16, 20:06
Thanks for responding. I saw a different doctor about a year ago because I though I had lymphoma, he knew right away that I didn't but asked if I get anxious a lot. He sent me for an x ray which was clear, btw and told me to come back and see him about managing my anxiety. I was too scared and didn't go back as I thought he might try and put me on meds. I work out 5 - 6 days a week, its usually helps but this weeks I've not exercised at all because of my sore arm and anxiety has just taken over, I barely can hold a conversation with everyone without thinking of my funeral or me going to hospital to die.

Mercime
09-11-16, 21:38
Your doctor can't make you do anything you don't want to do! Meds certainly help many people, but there is also therapy, which can make a massive difference. Have you thought about that?