PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

meg234
09-11-16, 18:58
Does anyone have good experience with this anti depressant for anxiety/depression? really need relief but feeling scared of possible side effects been given 10mg

Pip78
10-11-16, 08:53
Hi Meg

Well, I have to say, I am currently taking 20mg of Citalopram and have been taking it for the past 3 months, but still, most of the time anyway, my anxiety seems to remain quite high. I was previously taking Sertraline, which I am given to understand is pretty well a similar medication. I asked to change because of a skin rash which I thought the Sertraline had been the cause. However, I now think that the skin rash was no more that a heat rash, and so I shall ask to go back to the Sertraline medication when next I see my GP. I do not know if that info is of any help, but anyway Good luck and I hope you are beginning to feel better - Anxiety is life spoiler. Pip

ohdear
10-11-16, 12:46
Hi Meg,
I took 20mg of citalopram for 9months for depression and it worked very well for me. Unfortunately I stopped taking it earlier this year and now Anxiety has got me :doh:
Ive started on citalopram again 6 days ago, started on 10mg and last night upped it to 20mg. The side effects ive had so far are - fuzzy headed feeling (which i find pleasant, its taken the edge off the anxiey) and heart palpitations and a bit of a bad stomach. But for me these side effects are better than the anxiety and I know they will disappear as my body re adjusts to them.
Let me know if you have any other questions :)