PDA

View Full Version : Cat litter

Aimee1875
09-11-16, 23:07
I was just scooping out some of my kittens poop about 15 mins ago,put it into a bag,tied it up and disposed of it. I was in such a rush I forgot to wash my hands but I never came into contact with it and nothing touching my hand but I just rubbed my eye there and I'm panicking so much. I've read that their faeces can lead to blindness due to all sorts of things in it! He's just recently been dewormed and had his second jags today,so he's in good health,but now I'm freaking out that i might have just contracted something there:( it seems silly but I only went and looked it up(stupid I know)which has only made it worse!

EKB
10-11-16, 02:30
Don't worry too much. We touch things everyday and then touch our faces and rub our eyes almost unconsciously without washing our hands in between. Our bodies are resilient, and you're not going to just suddenly go blind because of an eye infection caused by being a bit careless after scooping the kitty litter.

Odds are you'll be fine. Just remember in the future to be diligent about washing your hands or keep a pack of disinfectant wipes near where you dispose of the litter and you'll be set :)