PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal Lymph nodes sore for a while

Alexjohneds
10-11-16, 11:54
Hey all, been browsing this place and of course the internet for a while now and been scaring myself into a dark rabbit hole of convincing myself im dying.

So ive had sore pains in my top left abdomen undernearth my ribcage for about maybe 3/4 years now. During the majority of this time i smoked alot, now I could never pin it down to anything in particular but after extensive googling im convinced its my lymph nodes (smoking always made it feel alot more promiment and sore) i've since stopped smoking and about half of the noticable discomfort has gone.

But I can feel alot of lymph nodes around my top left abdomen (all over my abdomen really), all about 1cm or less, and the discomfort seems to go down the side and to the top of my left hip / groin at times. But there are nodes that are small, moveable, some are firm some arent, and a few that are a little bigger than 1cm. Some get shooting pains rarely, some just feel uncomfortable. Also noticed a little raise on my top left abdomen, but no lymph nodes or anything underneath it.

I have no other symptoms, weights fine, Ive been to 2 different GP's both gave me physical exams and were happy that nothing felt abnormal. But that doesnt stop the discomfort, nor the constant googling.
Kinda worrying myself stupid. I've got another doctors appointment and im gonna ask for a blood test, I wanna know why ive got such discomfort in that area.

I have other lymph nodes on my neck too (armpit feels fine), but theyve been firm and large for as long as I can remember and the doctors werent worried about them. I also know lymph nodes cause most people to go into overdrive with worry, including me.

Im also a skinny guy at 5'11, 25 years old

Anyone else had anything similar?

SLA
10-11-16, 15:18
Yep. Worried about my lymph nodes for ages in 2014. Made me feel really depressed.

The more you focus on something, the more you will find "reasons" to make you worry. Even though there are no reasons. You're just panicking.

Sounds silly, but try and forget about them!

Focus on something else. You've had everything checked out and the experts are happy.

Do you suffer from other anxiety related stuff?

Alexjohneds
11-11-16, 13:17
Yeah ive stopped smoking before for a while and the abdominal pain more or less went away after a month or so, it just seems to be localised around my upper left abodmen, gonna ask the doc to focus on why I have a mystery abdominal pain rather than me convincing myself it must be my lymph nodes.

Not really much of anxious guy, in some regards yeah I guess but when I do get anxious I go straight away to 'rubbing' my abdominal area where the discomfort is located, and I play with those little nodes like no tomorrow.