PDA

View Full Version : Setback!!

Natalya32
10-11-16, 16:41
I've been suffering literally every waking moment of the day since Jan this year I've had times where I did feel uncomfortable but not scared and felt I could manage my symptoms to some extent. I started gaining confidence in driving to nearby shops etc but now I'm pretty much stuck in bed again mostly.
Since last month I've been experiencing a setback and I'm really not doing well. It seems to be getting worse and I'm back to being scared again and have no way of easing my symptoms.
Are these setbacks normal and will I come out the other end side??
I'm so tired of trying to deal with this illness which I'm pretty sure we all are on here xxx

male1990
10-11-16, 16:58
its horrible i am a newbie on here have sufferd for years with dizzyness tiredness palps back ache stomache ache headaches iv had a lot of tests doctors think am mad i hate it. its hard to think naexity does all this but i look at is as well at least im not dying and ok and hanging in there x hope u are ok

ana
10-11-16, 22:15
It is very normal to experience setbacks. I have them often. Some last for a day, some for two months. I've had times when I've felt great for 5 years, and bad for 3 years, but all in all, I've come to realise that progress is never linear, and the less you fear the setbacks, the less of a detrimental impact they'll have on the way you feel when they do happen. :)

Indiaav
19-11-16, 23:25
I have had anxiety/panic attacks on and off for years since my son was born with a rare disability. Last time was ten years ago and when I look back at other attacks they all happened after a great deal of stress and then having an infection like cold or chesty, then I go downhill. I am going through it again now after ten years and this was caused by a few family scares and then I lost my balance with vertigo and thought I had a brain tumour. I was starting to get over them this time until the doc suggested further tests for ovaries (normal) and now blood tests for inflammation and urinary infection and it has all come back with pure fear