PDA

View Full Version : Small white bump on tongue

RVP
10-11-16, 16:49
Hi guys...

Ain't posted on here for god knows how long with a question, but it's kinda HA related as it's worrying me for no reason.

I've been off work basically all week from being ill since Friday/Saturday. Monday I could feel a small bump on the centre of my tongue and it's white, it's about 2cm in diameter and is causes minor irritation, it's slightly raised (can feel it there) and it's white with a furry like texture.

I googled....and of course it came with illnesses (precancerous) related, HIV and what not.

I asked my family if they've had it before and none of them said yes! which got me worrying. Is it just my weakened immune system? or should I book an emergency Dentist appointment tomorrow?

I should add I've had a bad cough, sore throat and general fever as my cold symptoms. (cough and tiredness still ongoing)

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Kuatir
10-11-16, 17:08
I think a raised tastebud or ulcer, but it is quite big at 2cms. Monitor it and I think if after a couple of weeks it has stayed the same size or grown get it checked out.

unsure_about_this
10-11-16, 17:14
Agree with Kuatir see your dentist if it does not heal or grows in a few weeks times.

RVP
10-11-16, 17:15
I think a raised tastebud or ulcer, but it is quite big at 2cms. Monitor it and I think if after a couple of weeks it has stayed the same size or grown get it checked out.

My bad..it's not 2cm..I just checked actual 2cm size lol.. it's about 0.7-1cm in length and about 0.5cm in width.

Phuzella
10-11-16, 17:15
Do you mean 2cm? ?

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

:)

RVP
10-11-16, 17:17
Do you mean 2cm? ?

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

:)

Nope I got it wrong, see my reply above :)

Rey1989
10-11-16, 17:33
Thats very normal, i get it all the time

MyNameIsTerry
11-11-16, 06:34
Could it be an ulcer or maybe thrush? If you've been on antibiotics (or use an asthma inhaler), thrush could be a possibility as the healthy bacteria in the mouth is knocked out of balance.

RVP
11-11-16, 16:27
Went to the chemist, they don't know what it is, made an emergency Dr's appointment they don't know what it is either. So now I've got to make a dentist appointment and check whether they know..

Fishmanpa
11-11-16, 17:16
Yeah.. the rule of thumb is... If it hasn't resolved within two weeks, see your doctor. In the mean time a solution of 16oz of water, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of baking soda swished around in your mouth 4-6 times a day should help.

Positive thoughts

RVP
12-11-16, 22:17
It's really annoying me so I've taken a pic for you guys to see because I'm quite worried, especially not getting a definitive answer and that too from a Dr..

Thanks

Fishmanpa
12-11-16, 23:11
Sorry you're annoyed but no one can diagnose this here. On the bright side, at least it wasn't a small white bump on a private part pic ~lol~

Positive thoughts and say "Ahhh"

RVP
12-11-16, 23:18
I know, I'm after a reaction from someone who's had something similar or the same, to just reassure me it's not something serious, but at the moment it seems quite the opposite. :(

RVP
14-11-16, 15:24
Went to see my Dentist this afternoon and guess what! that's right! he doesn't know what it is. Now I have to wait another week only to be referred to the dental hospital if it hasn't gotten any better by next week.

However, my friends dad (who is a dentist) said it is Luekoplakia just by looking at pictures.(which is not dangerous and goes within 2 weeks)

I really don't know what to do or who to even turn to now. I'm going to be a total wreck this week and weekend and I feel as though I'm back to square one by going to the dentist and not getting anywhere. His words were "That's an odd looking thing". I asked if it looks serious, he said he doesn't think so, but to just review it in a weeks time.. so again, no real answer.

Genuinely thought my HA was gone for good, and now it's slowly creeping back and how I used to be 2 years ago.

RVP
17-11-16, 20:28
Hi guys,

I've also noticed a sore on my gum, very very small just underneath my bottom two teeth.

And I also noticed (today) a whiteish pimple on the side of my tongue.

I really hope these are not related to the geographic tongue/leukoplakia (don't actually know what I have at the moment) and it's most likely due to being run down and stressed (Yes I suffer from health anxiety) so just need some good news and my anxiety and stress will fall, and hopefully feel a lot better in myself and the symptoms will go by themselves.

Being a long term anxiety sufferer, I know the symptoms stress and health anxiety can cause, and frankly it's scary.

The sores I have mentioned are very small, maybe a little bigger than a pin head, if that helps anything.

Sorry for the anxiety parts..this was posted on a dental forum as well.

Thanks