PDA

View Full Version : Dr. is sending me for a breast biopsy, so scared!

Leslie735
10-11-16, 17:17
I went today for 3 month follow up breast ultrasound. To back track, back in June I found a VERY movable lump and went and had a mammogram and ultrasound done in July. It could not be seen on either test and the radiologist concluded that it was bruising in the breast tissue because there was fluid in the area and should resolve over time but to follow up in 3 months. So I went today, this time they were able to see what I'm feeling, there are actually 2 lumps that I feel. The original one is still VERY much movable and measures at 9 mm and the other one is wiggly but not as movable and it is 5 mm. The 2nd lump I just noticed back in September and it feels different that the original one, more longish like a piece of excess skin or something. The radiologist told me he didn't think it looked suspicious but because its still there and it is solid he wants me to go in for a biopsy. On ultrasound it appeared oval shaped but it was solid. So I called my Dr. and I'm going in to see him next Thursday (he's a surgeon and the one that will be doing the biopsy) and then we will schedule it. I'm so scared its crazy! I have been sobbing since I left the imaging place and I'm a total wreck. I was praying that it would be fluid filled and he would conclude it was nothing. I'm going to be having a ultrasound guided biopsy (core biopsy) and I'm terrified it'll be painful. I'm 32 years old by the way if that helps anyone. Advice? Stories? I'm so scared. :(

Super_Freaked
10-11-16, 17:45
Your doctors are doing a good job of double checking things. This doesn't mean anything there is plenty of reasons why they would have to do a biopsy. Even though it's likely something else, imagine if they didn't do a biopsy, you wouldn't sleep and they wouldn't be doing their job. I'ts a standard practice.

In the meantime people just try to convince yourself of the truth, you don't have a clue yet what it is, it's probably more than like no cancer and your going to know soon enough.

Carrie8484
10-11-16, 21:36
i completely understand your worry and anxiety as I had a breast lump in the summer that turns out to be a cyst. Obviously I can't diagnose you but have you heard of 'breast mice' ? Your symptoms sound very similar. It's moveable tissue in your breasts that are pretty common at our age. I was told my breasts were 'lumpy' . Try not to worry, you are the same age as me and anything sinister would be very rare.

Leslie735
11-11-16, 00:52
Thank you Carrie8484! I appreciate your encouraging words. Did you have get a biopsy for your cyst? Its just all so scary and my anxiety is through the roof.

dale12345
11-11-16, 00:58
I have had the same thing it was a cyst. I guess a lot of women get them.

Carrie8484
11-11-16, 10:01
Thank you Carrie8484! I appreciate your encouraging words. Did you have get a biopsy for your cyst? Its just all so scary and my anxiety is through the roof.

If they can drain the cyst away, they pop the needle in and they don't biopsy it. If they think it's fibroademona (breast mice - regular lumpy tissue) they'll biopsy it as precaution. But it's very very common.

It's very scary when you find lumps and bumps and as women we are programmed to be concerned with our breasts but I really do think it will just be breast mice or a cyst X

dizzy daisy
11-11-16, 12:25
Yes I've had a breast mouse too and a few cysts. It's horrible waiting for results but like the other girls have said both are very common and the most likely cause. Also, my dr said that they would never ever tell you things looked ok if they thought there was a good chance it might not be so try and hold on to that too xx

Leslie735
11-11-16, 12:48
Thank you ladies! I trust the Dr that he believes they look benign I'm just scared of the what ifs. :( Before seeing the dr and getting the tests I googled and read stories. :( Its just so terrifying. I didn't sleep well and all I'm doing is crying. Today is my birthday and I can't even enjoy it.

Leslie735
01-12-16, 16:27
Thought I'd update for anyone facing a similar situation, had the biopsy, not painful no big deal really. Results came back benign scar tissue. WHOO HOO! :)

NancyW
01-12-16, 20:05
That is wonderful news!

Thank you so much for the update.