PDA

View Full Version : Brain fog

ECR
04-04-07, 10:24
Could anyone tell me if they've experienced this or if this is a known symptom of anxiety?

Lately I feel like sometimes its difficult to speak. Several things actually
A) Sometimes its just an effort to form words with my mouth. Like my mouth is tired to speak or doesn't want to do the work
B) Once in a while I forget words - we all have this sometimes I guess, that word you're looking for being on the tip of your tongue
and C) I will open my mouth to say something and an approximation or something not quite right pops out. Like I went to say 'See you in a bit" the other day to my partner and I actually said "See you in a minute" (which wasn't right cause it would be more like an hour). Or again yesterday I went to say "Card shop" and I actually said "Credit card".

It's all relatively subtle at this point and I've been told by a few that this is frontal lobe anxiety. Something about impulse that's affected. But seeing as how I'm having other anxiety and stress symptoms (chronic but not bad headache, tiredness, dizzyness and very high bloood pressure which comes down with relaxing) its not fun. Obviously the hypochondriac iin me thinks I've got cancer of the eyelash or something.

I'm almost starting to develop an anxiety about talking cause this is freaking me out. Vicious circle, anyone?

Anyone experienced this? Would be gratefull to hear other's stories.

Thanks,

ECR

honeybee3939
04-04-07, 12:26
Hi ECR

Yes this is a symptom of Anxiety although i dont think its recognised as a medical term.
Heres a post i found for you by using the "Search" at the top of this page.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18472&highlight=brain+fog

Theres also some information on the Symptoms and How to Cope link sittuated at the left hand side of this page.

Hope that helps:)

Love
Andrea
xxxx

looking4answers
05-04-07, 07:25
Well yes,im an anybody else..Especially today ..my mind has been like a childs...I felt as though my thoughts and cares just slipped away although I was suppose to be involved in some business that needed to be taken care of i was in never never land.I have been getting more and more where I talk less and less and my mind is somewhere but I don't know where.All the people with anxiety suffer from the same.Its not that unusal.. Our minds get tired of thoughts and become more and more seperated from our daily routines and more concentrated on whats going on inside ourselves..Its the inabilitity to think outside ourselves..Its funny I was just going to post the odd sensations that i felt today but was quickly reminded of what was happening when I read your post.I assure you its normal for anxiety but what you and I have to do is just pull ourselves out of ourself..Maybe if we could just think about the way other people are feeling just for a moment or do something for someone else and perhaps quit looking inside but realize that we arent long on this earth although most of us will live long in our lives we need to turn our attention to others less fortunate and try as hard as we can to focus on them.I am guilty of it myself.There was a time when my wife and I could talk about anything ,.the universe ,the reason for action reaction and things that concerned us about our children an everything inbetween.Its getting harder and harder for me to even worry about normal everyday things and when i start a chat or one is started with me I start to turn away and don't talk anymore..Sometimes just a simple exchange of ideas no matter how hard it is maybe a help or even a cure for what you are describing just for a little while..Try to think outside yourself and focus on what someone else is thinking.Stop thinking about the way you talk or the way you think that you may want to talk..Start talking and forget it..Its just like tonight I sat down at the keyboard and even though I wanted to communicate I had to force myslef to press the keys and to remember where they were.I tell you I am fighting this myself it seems even today my thoughts were hazey and out there somewhere which just isnt me,but reading your post and others i realize its my mind trying to switch over to not bother with anything..That if I don't deal with it then its not there..Its ok.. if you just keep trying and trying things will work out.I have been through this before and it goes away maybe not entirely but your life does seem to be more normal and one day it clicks and you just stop feeling the way you do..Good luck to you

Angelcake
08-04-07, 23:18
I get this a lot too - can be really scary sometimes, especially when you can't remember simple words, that really freaks me out! I also forget things easliy, like walking into rooms and forgetting what I went in for!
Bad days make me think it the early (very early!) onset of Alzhiemers or the like! Joy...

ECR
09-04-07, 10:59
Yes well I guess we all need to remember that recognised anxiety symptoms are recognised anxiety symptoms. Obviously I am worried that this - along with the tension headaches dizzyness and tiredness is the onslaught of something more serious. Then you look up these symptoms with anxiety and its textbook. If only I could hold on to that and not revert to freaking out, the symptoms would probably go away or signifigantly lesson. Of the cruel irony....

bearcrazy
09-04-07, 20:12
HI,
I get this all the time, its a real pain. my family have started to finish off my sentences for me. I am a teacher and it is one of the worst sympltoms I have especially when i am tired. The children are getting used to it now aqnd my TA is great. It could also be a symptom of medication if you are on any.

:hugs: