PDA

View Full Version : Ladies - is this period pain?

carabijoux
10-11-16, 19:58
Hi everyone!

I hope you're really well!

I was wondering if anyone else experiences period pains that feel like this?

I'm due on, and I'm getting stabbing ovary pains - but also strong pains 'down below'. It's like they're in my pelvic bones - like a strong ache.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've had a couple of pelvic scans and ultrasounds over the last few months, and nothing has been picked up (I had an ultrasound on my ovaries at the beginning of the year, and nothing was abnormal).

Just wondered if this can be a normal kind of period pain - it's just new to me?

Thank you so much!

C xo

BrokenGirl
10-11-16, 21:57
Hi, I also get those strong pains 'down below' that you described, like a very strong ache in the pelvic bones. I don't get them every month either.
And if all your scans and ultrasounds were clear, you've absolutely nothing to worry about.
I find that curling up with a hot water bottle helps.
It all sounds perfectly normal to me anyway, just one of the side effects of being a woman :)

KeeKee
10-11-16, 22:47
I also get these types of pains. I'm glad you posted this as I've always thought I was the only one to get them in what feels like the actual bone. I've mentioned it to my GP in passing and they weren't at all concerned. It's very strange though isn't it.

carabijoux
11-11-16, 07:45
Hi ladies!

Thank you so much for your replies - I'm so relieved it's not just me!

I seem to have a week or even two weeks before my period *eventually* decides to appear of these pains - sometimes, they're so intense.

C xo

nomorepanic
11-11-16, 18:18
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

ana
11-11-16, 21:55
I get those kinds of pains as well. They used to worry me a lot, but I've learnt to explain them as 'just period pains' and so they no longer scare me.

Dornish Red
15-11-16, 00:26
I get all kinds of weird pains "down there". And sometimes they really scare me. I know how my usual period cramps feel, but sometimes I fell different sensations. Like right now, my period is not due for another 10 days, but I get this achey feeling, nothing intense, but I feel it. I have felt weird sensations before, and last year I had clear ultrasound and pelvic exam. So I guess it can be normal. I'm having my annual check up in January and hopefully there is nothing wrong with me :D
So, it's not just you :)
I guess pains can be normal, but we should get regular check ups, just to make sure:)